Bino harness recommendation

Wildstreak

Lil-Rokslider
Just as the title states, I am looking for recommendations for a bino harness. I have never had one so I am new to them. Would prefer on with a rangefinder pocket.

Thanks!

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
Interested also. Been wanting to buy one but have not yet. Always just used the old chest strap style.

This season will be my 4th with FHF gear, I have the harness and range finder pouch. It is super comfortable even around the shoulder, hardly notice it’s on your chest and keeps optics dry through all conditions. It’s a great hardy product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slimC

FNG
Ive have the Kuiu one for a few years and its okayyy not great. But not worth it enough for me to purchase another from another brand.

If you want to put a bunch of shit in it the alaskan guide creations is pretty nice. i also have a marsupial as of recent, thats definatly a little more minimalist you could maybe say. Its got room for a few necesities but far less storage then AGC. Noth seem to be built well, i havent broke a thi g on the AGC and i cant picture the marsupial being any different.

sndmn11

WKR
In our house we have an AGC ravus with marsupial padded harness, fhf, and an original marsupial.

I have 6 additional pockets on the Ravus, it's neat.

jjjones7

FNG
Another vote for FHF with range finder pouch on it. The little pockets on the top cover are awesome for elk diaphragm calls as well. Don’t know if that’s the intended purpose but it is perfect

Also searching for a new harness. I thought it would be relevant to include this...
I have vortex viper 12x50s. The glass does everything I need it to and I love them. But the harness that comes with vortex do not work for me. The elastic latch that is supposed to hold them in place often fails (it might be me not latching it correctly/ user error). Most of the time they just fall out onto the ground and I can pick them up but last month I was leaning forward about to sit on this ledge when they slipped out of the harness and exploded on the rocks below.
Vortex quickly and easily replaced the glass with their warranty, but I had to share subpar binos for the rest of my hunt.
Bottom line... need something better to secure heavy glass.

20220518_185220.jpg20220519_130945.jpg

Badger327

FNG
I've been gong back and forth on this as well. I'm tending toward the minimalist designs. I had a Kuiu which was functional but too bulky for me. Some systems also weigh almost as much as my binos do. For 20+ years I've just worn a neck strap and tucked them in the front of my jacket but that requires it to be unzipped part way so not great when trying to stay warm or in inclement weather. At this point the Marsupial and Stone Glacier are at the top of my list.

Gone4Days

WKR
I like my Kuiu Pro…. big improvement over the older version. I also have a Mystery Ranch. Like the Kuiu more.

R_burg

WKR
In our house we have an AGC ravus with marsupial padded harness, fhf, and an original marsupial.

I have 6 additional pockets on the Ravus, it's neat.
Ive been thinking about adding a Ravus to my collection. Is it heavy?

MTHokie

FNG
Also searching for a new harness. I thought it would be relevant to include this...
I have vortex viper 12x50s. The glass does everything I need it to and I love them. But the harness that comes with vortex do not work for me. The elastic latch that is supposed to hold them in place often fails (it might be me not latching it correctly/ user error). Most of the time they just fall out onto the ground and I can pick them up but last month I was leaning forward about to sit on this ledge when they slipped out of the harness and exploded on the rocks below.
Vortex quickly and easily replaced the glass with their warranty, but I had to share subpar binos for the rest of my hunt.
Bottom line... need something better to secure heavy glass.

View attachment 420547View attachment 420549
Yes, agree. The elastic latch system on the Vortex harness is hot garbage. I have had snow-covered binos more than once because they fell out while I was kneeling/bending. I should have purchased a different harness years ago. I am looking at getting a new one for next season. Spendy suckers.