Bino harness recommendation

Rfranke

FNG
I just moved from the original Kuiu to a Stone Glacier. I like how it folds open. The FHF flap to open and close didn’t do it for me and was the reason I went with the SG. I’d call it a minimalist bino harness and it gets the job done. I would like maybe a pocket or two more in the front for some calls but the minimalist design is sleek and streamlined. I would say go with one that had an easy detach from the system without messing with how it attaches to your harness. The reason I went see from the original Kuiu was the over the shoulder straps were directly connected to the binos. This made taking binos off for glassing a bit of a pain. Kuiu has a new one that fixes this issue. I have also heard good things about the new Mystery Ranch. My SG was mostly because a friend had one and was getting rid of it so I bought it off him.

mgstucson

FNG
I use the S4 gear and it is light weight, and is not a pouch, so it does not collect debris. but it does completely protect the bino when stored. It is quick, silent, and easy to deploy the bino from the fully stored position to my eyes while walking, and I can even quickly attach the bino to my monopod/trekking pole WITHOUT detaching it from the harness. I am not sure they are made anymore and I have never another that works he same. If I ever see another camo one, I will grab it for a spare.

Received both the Catamount (Small) and the Marsupial No-Mag (Small). Keeping the Marsupial for a few reasons:
  • The small Cata mount didn't have enough height for my Tract Toric 10x42. The lid was too stretched and wasn't able to easily fold over. Reached out for an exchange and got a prompt reply (kudos), but unfortunately no mediums in my color available due to some supply chain stuff.
  • I like the slightly more structured Marsupial. Catamount has great materials but less structured e.g. doesn't have the more rigid sidewalls which I liked on Marsupial.
  • I liked the Marsupial safety tethers moren
  • I liked the Marsupial closure system more. The bungees with pull tab and multi position flap was really intuitive and functional. The Catamount closure system was hampered by bino fit but didn't seems as quick as Marsupial. Adding a pull tab or something on the Catamount might help. I did appreciate the simplicity of Catamount system though, nothing to fail apart from fabric, nothing extra to get snagged on (Marsupial bungee pretty well protected though).

Overall both felt really good, and appreciate these USA businesses making great gear. Both harnesses felt very comfortable but keepers and tacked straps helped make the Marsupial feel slightly more polished. I think the Catamount would be a great bino pouch for direct MOLLE attachment (e.g. lightweight chest rig, truck, etc), whereas the Marsupial was simply made to ride on your chest extremely well.

I did happen to order a Catamount Cache Pocket and will be keeping attached to bottom of Marsupial. It's a nice little unstructured pouch that could disappear if not filled, or keep small stuff nice and close.

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at the Marsupial and SG.

Any defining qualities or priorities I should consider when choosing one over the other?

Currently thinking the Marsupial since it's a bit cheaper and everyone seems to like it.

I have been using an AGC Ravus the past two seasons and have lots of stuff on it. Wife has an FHF from a while ago, and we have a Marsupial original for the kid. Just ordered two Catamount harnesses to see how i like them.
I sent the Catamount back already. Very noisy, offers little protection, and need two hands to operate.

I’ve tried a number of them. Kuiu Pro is what I currently use and haven’t found one better so far. I did like Marsupial but wanted to get rid of magnets and not sure I like their non magnet design because it will interfere with the side pockets.

sndmn11

WKR
I sent the Catamount back already. Very noisy, offers little protection, and need two hands to operate.

I’ve tried a number of them. Kuiu Pro is what I currently use and haven’t found one better so far. I did like Marsupial but wanted to get rid of magnets and not sure I like their non magnet design because it will interfere with the side pockets.

It is tight for sure! I almost did the same but spent a half hour to an hour one day over the holidays working the top and it loosened up well.

I understand there is a V2 version in the works with some reworks based on feedback. Maybe @FrankieP1988 could shed some light on that.

Right now I have Marsupial RF, FHF tech pouch, an emdom admin pocket, all on that Catamount harness and it's working good.

WyoArk

FNG
I have the SG skyline. I like the minimalist design, but only because I am a read bow guy. Anything too bulky really gets in the way shooting. Honestly, if I can I try and shed the bino harness before I have to shoot.

I also have a razco holster for my 10mm underneath it. It makes the rig a boat anchor, but I am in grizzly county often.

Crane

FNG
Just as the title states, I am looking for recommendations for a bino harness. I have never had one so I am new to them. Would prefer on with a rangefinder pocket.

Thanks!
Just purchased the badlands bino harness and am really liking it so far. I do think the muleyfreak packs look really nice and would be worth looking into.

MTHokie

FNG
I ended up with the AGC KISS pack after picking it up on sale, end of season last year. I have used it a few times and would recommend. Easily adjustable and not too bulky. I hang a Nikon range finder (in it's own case) on the side of it.

Challis

FNG
Just spent a week elk hunting with my new Marsupial fully enclosed binoharness and range finder pouch. Retired my original marsupial harness. Very happy with the new one and would highly recommend it.

sstwrt226

FNG
I love my marsupial gear harness but after deleting the buckles it seams like there are times it rides to high and tight to the chest. Id like to try the new FHF to compare.