Bino Harness search

Hi, I have done some research over the past few months looking for a bino harness I still love. Part of me knows what I want and the other part wants to be inspired. AGC looks to be the winner, but not exactly what I want. I may settle. I want something with plenty of space for more than just my binos. But I also want complete coverage for my binos. That last bit seems to filter out a lot.

I've played with my friends Badlands harness and I am not sure I would trust it. Any other ideas or is this what we have to work with?

scp

Lil-Rokslider
What size bino? Have you checked out Hill People Gear? They make some chest rigs that, while aren’t made for binos, can certainly carry a smaller pair (8x42s perhaps), along with a whole mess of other gear. I’ve never seen their products in person, but I have scoured their vids and a few of their products caught my interest. Here’s a link to their Original Kit Bag.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/71

If you’re not interested, ACG may in fact have to be the winner. I have a handful of various bino packs and always go back to the ACG myself.

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
Tried several options and can’t find anything that holds as high and stable on my chest as AGC.

I’ll say the AGC x50 classic is a great piece of gear. I run one with my Leica Geovid 10x42. Side pouches have room for a couple accessories like a petzl e-lite, a small bic lighter and lens cleaner or one side. On the other I’ll keep a spare rangefinder battery and a torx for scope bases. The back pocket securely stores tags, maps or a suunto compass. Depending on what rifle cartridge you shoot, you can keep a few spare shells handy in one of those cheap neoprene stock holders handy in the front pouch with out any rattling around. It can almost get out of hand with stuff. For a more streamlined harness for my smaller Maven C.1 8x42 I use a medium Mystery Ranch quick draw bino harness. Less pockets but pretty good.

On another note while climbing up a steep hill I stopped to drop a few layers. I set my bino harness down, and it proceeded watch it tumble about 50-60 yards down the hill. I got down there expecting to be pretty disappointed with a set of busted Leicas inside, but the padded harness saved the contents from any damage.

Have you looked at the mystery ranch bino harnesses? I’ve carried both my 10x42 and 15x50’s in the same size harness (not at the same time).

TriX10

FNG
I rock the cheap Vortex harness lol, nothing fancy and not a lot of extra space but can definitely carry my windage indicator, bino adaptor for the tripod, as well as a few extra rounds. It does the job just fine for me, my buddy has the AGC harness and it is a nice piece of gear. If I ever get the urge to want a harness to hold both my binos and range finder ill prolly roll with the AGC.

OP
C
What size bino? Have you checked out Hill People Gear? They make some chest rigs that, while aren’t made for binos, can certainly carry a smaller pair (8x42s perhaps), along with a whole mess of other gear. I’ve never seen their products in person, but I have scoured their vids and a few of their products caught my interest. Here’s a link to their Original Kit Bag.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/71

If you’re not interested, ACG may in fact have to be the winner. I have a handful of various bino packs and always go back to the ACG myself.

Holy smokes that is interesting. I will be looking into that for sure. Thanks for the tip!

BTW everyone, I am in no means knocking any bino harness creators. Simply want the perfect end-all-be-all for my own preference.

OP
C
That mystery ranch is also one I will be looking into further. Thanks guys and I will get back with what I decide on. Btw running 8x42 celestron

OP
C
So, the Hill People Recon (chest rig) is bad bad bad ass. I love it, but it is more designed for concealed carry for predator defense. I am a midwest hunter, predators aren't a concern. If I could have the firearm pouch boxed in for binos.... we would have a winner. AGC classics might be mine soon enoivh.

psirus7

WKR
Any recommendations for some heavier glass? I just picked up some Meopta 12x50s and would like to run those on a harness with my rangefinder. I've ran the Kuiu harness in previous years and didn't really like it. I'm looking at the AGC Classic, but it looks huge and obtrusive. Thanks.

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the sitka bivy, its light weight and simple. I just ordered the adak harness from campfire. Going to test it side by side. I really like how the binos attach, that's the one complaint with the sitka system. If you forget the zip it all the way up and bend over to pick something up the binos can fall out and darn near hit the ground. The adak has them positioned so that when they are out of the cover, they don't hang any farther than the bottom of the cover and no zipper to forget to close

The AGC harness is a great choice but is slightly bulky at times, depending on the size you are running. I am a huge fan of the bomb proof construction and the wider harness straps that disperse the weight evenly.

Elcy

FNG
Check out county6predator calls website. They make a great harness

I just ordered this, and it rocks! Holds my swaro 12x50's

Last edited:

scp

Lil-Rokslider
Heads up. Got this in my email today. Appears like Kuiu has addressed some of the points of feedback that have turned folks away from their bino harness. I’m not pushing the brand; just passing on some news.
9a2bae846ba42437d03dec8ffc1791a3.jpg

dbeeler

FNG
I had a kuiu and switched to outdoor vision and I love it. It's the only true one handed operation that opens the right way that I could find. And the built in rain cover is nice too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cabelas has the GlassPak harness on sale for $30. For that price, I don't know if you can beat it. It covers completely but easy to open in a hurry. I love mine.

K

Kootenay Hunter

I love my FHF Pro-M, I run the bear spray pouch underneath. It's well built and not too bulky
RVH7088_copy_1024x1024.jpg

WKR
I love capitalism. When I was in my 20s there were none of these around. Someone discovered a market and boom, tons of options pop up. I bought an AGC for my 10x40s and so far loving it. Looks like a lot of great made in the USA options out there. Great stuff.