Bino Harness? (The harness part)

BLJ

WKR
Looking for experiemces with the harnesses under pack straps. I have a set of Bushnell Forge 8x42 and need something besides the normal harness/neck strap.
I would like to have full coverage, no magnets, and a harness that is comfortable under pack straps. I have looked a long time at the AGC of differnet flavors but the design and thickness of the straps look concerning to me. Also, does the placement of the sternum strap on a pack interfere with the bino harness? I don't exactly need a lot of storage for much else. The only thing I would probably incorperate would be a holster for a Sig P365. Does such a thing exist? Thanks.

rgroves79

Lil-Rokslider
Check out FHF with the shoulder pads. Mine does not interfere with the sternum strap n my pack. The only other one I have experience with is the Outdoor Vision. Nice, well made product but it does not meet your no magnet criteria.

Baron528

FNG
Marsupial Gear's pouch has magnets, but I have worn it about 55 miles underneath a pack with no issues in temps from 40-80 degrees. My harness just has the standard straps. They also sell a padded version of the harness separately.

Most packs have some adjustment for the height of the sternum strap and afaik all the enclosed bino harnesses are adjustable depending on how high you want the binos to sit.

OP
B

BLJ

WKR
FHF seems to be the leader right now.

Does the FHF or Marsupial seem to ride up onto your neck under the weight of the bino?

OP
B

BLJ

WKR
Does the AGC seem cumbersome or bulky under pack straps?

I have an AGC Kodiak CUB and have worn it under my pack with no issue. You do have to fasten sternum strap under bino tethers. I haven’t worn it with significant loads, ie pack out but used it this way during my last trip all day while hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original KUIU is nice and low profile. Not much for strap thickness and they have never bothered me.
I would decide opening direction then narrow down from there. Just about all of them on the market work well and have thin enough straps

Baron528

FNG
FHF seems to be the leader right now.

Does the FHF or Marsupial seem to ride up onto your neck under the weight of the bino?
I haven't had any movement with the Marsupial. With the harness design, the straps are snug on my torso and there is very little play in the pouch. I've taken a few nasty spills when not wearing a pack and the entire system stays in place.

rjsiii

FNG
I have used/played with the AGC, KUIU (new system), and the Muley Freak Traverse. I ended up with the traverse but here is the quick and skinny...

AGC- nice build but super bulky. I did not need all the space in the pockets that it had. I even tried 2 or 3 different sizes and each one still fit my binos but was way too bulky. The harness part was fine but pretty standard for bino packs.

KUIU- best build material hands down. Really thoughtful design except the extra pockets were way too small for my needs. You can fit a call/reed or two and maybe a few rounds of ammo. That's it. They don't even have a back/chest side pocket for license/phone/etc. As far as the harness part goes... it was the BEST BY A LONG SHOT. Super thin and very comfortable. Tons of air transfer so you don't have water marks where it was. If I was picking solely on straps/harness... it would be this one.

Muley Freak Traverse- This is the one I went with cause it was the smallest, fit my binos, and had the best storage options for what I wanted to carry in a bino harness. The build quality is great. Straps are quality and don't interfere much like the AGC. Bonus... It has a spot on the bottom for a handgun. Overall, a great piece of equipment and as I said before... the one I chose.

I have an AGC Kodiak Cub and I really enjoy it, I haven't tried out a lot of other options but it works very well with a day pack work over the straps. I keep bino's, range finder, flashlight, and an extra magazine in there. I would stick the sig in a holster and put it in the bottom pouch.