Bino Harness w/ a pack

gil_wy

Lil-Rokslider
What are you guys running that is comfortable with a pack on? Most harness straps look bulky. Just bought a set of 10x32Meostar HDs and want some protection. Prefer a forward opening case but I’m open to anything... thanks for the help.

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I debated this as well and settled on the kuiu pro harness as my best option. I like the forward opening design as its easy to keep the flap open and not get in the way when drawing the binoculars out. The strap system on the kuiu is comfortable to me under pack straps. I end up not knowing they're there. I also purchased the hydration rig that holds a 3L hydration system and integrates with the bino harness so it acts like a pack for short stalks. I can also pull the hydration system off the harness and then it acts like a hydration hanger in my main pack. Pretty slick set up IMO.

OP
gil_wy

gil_wy

Lil-Rokslider
I debated this as well and settled on the kuiu pro harness as my best option. I like the forward opening design as its easy to keep the flap open and not get in the way when drawing the binoculars out. The strap system on the kuiu is comfortable to me under pack straps. I end up not knowing they're there. I also purchased the hydration rig that holds a 3L hydration system and integrates with the bino harness so it acts like a pack for short stalks. I can also pull the hydration system off the harness and then it acts like a hydration hanger in my main pack. Pretty slick set up IMO.

thanks for the info! That was on my short list... do you run your rangefinder off your rig?

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I currently run one on the right side of my harness for whitetail, but when I'm wearing a pack I'll have a pocket on the waist belt of my pack with a long kuiu tether. They're pretty easy to move back and forth.

Michael17

FNG
I like my marsupial gear harness. I have never noticed it under my pack. Their new model looks really nice.

mlgc20

WKR
I run an Alaska Guide Creations Bino pack with an EXO pack. Both work great together. The ACG is bigger than many other bino pack/harnesses. But, it carries very well. And I can fit most of what I need for a quick hunt where I don’t absolutely need my pack. My AGC is one of the few pieces of gear I have that isn’t in the hot seat every off season.

NEWAoutdoors

Lil-Rokslider
+1 for AGC harness. Dont even notice it on with pack, or shooting bow, climbing trees, riding atvs, weed whacking, chasing kids, etc

I use a AGC as well, and it seems to fit my needs/hunting style better that a couple others I’ve tried. My son has a Kuiu and it looks intriguing, but I like the additional pockets that the AGC has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BluMtn

WKR
I like to be a minimalist when it comes to my bino system. I use the S4 and really like it. It protects what I need to protect without carrying another pack on my chest. If I were to upgrade I think I would go with the new Kuiu pro. I believe it would work for me.

I’ve been using a “tactical” chest rig due to its small size. It is the MK3 from Spiritus Systems. This is with a set of Vortex 10x42’s, but now I’m running a smaller set of Stiener 12x40’s. B92FC5C8-6868-45BF-B449-0C2EBAAE82DE.jpeg

wseidel

WKR
I liked the AGC so much I bought the company....errr, a second one! Seriously, they are solid, provide great protection (dust/rain/impacts) and offer a lot more function with the additional pockets. I've used my original for 10 years - hunting, hiking, vacationing, sporting events, etc. - and it is still in like new condition as they wear like iron. On top of that, the owner - Jarett Owens - is a great guy (and outdoorsman).

Note: I have a good deal on my second one in the classifieds complete with a rangefinder case (shameless plug).