Bino harness

MikeStrong

Lil-Rokslider
I have an AGC and love it. I really like that it completely covers my binos to keep them protected from weather, brush, etc. I also like the ability to store some extra items in it to make sure I have everything I need if I drop my pack for a stalk. In those cases, I bought the hydration pack that clips right into the bino pack in place of the standard harness. That allows me to keep some water with me in case a stalk or calling sequence takes longer than initially planned. I don't know much about FHF, but those are the primary reasons I went with AGC.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
nickstevens2588
I have an AGC and love it. I really like that it completely covers my binos to keep them protected from weather, brush, etc. I also like the ability to store some extra items in it to make sure I have everything I need if I drop my pack for a stalk. In those cases, I bought the hydration pack that clips right into the bino pack in place of the standard harness. That allows me to keep some water with me in case a stalk or calling sequence takes longer than initially planned. I don't know much about FHF, but those are the primary reasons I went with AGC.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I've also went with the AGC because of the extra storage and full containment. I see alot of guys going with FHF so I'm kinda curious what made others go that route.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MaxStatic

FNG
I recently switched from AGC to FHF. The AGC, while a great pack, is bulky and I could never get it to ride high enough on my 165lbs 5’7” frame. The switch to FHF means it rides nice and high and doesn’t move or shift at all. The pouch isn’t as deep and so side protection of the binos is out but hell, I used to wear them just on an open harness, FHF still provides way more protection than that. I will also say I met the guy from FHF at his shop down in Bozeman, real cool guy. So for me, for now, I’m all about the FHF gear. Cheers.

I only have a small bit of experience with one but I like it so far.

I am using a AGC Cub with max pocket.
I like the storage for essentials incase I get away from my pack, etc. Also constantly used things like chapstick, windchecker, small multitool, etc.

For rifle hunting I keep my kestrel in there as well.

I'm also about the same build as the previous guy and I found I had to tighten the chest straps up to get mine to ride higher. That worked for me anyway

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Out of those two i like the FHF based mainly on the fit. It rides high and tight to the chest and is very slim. I never let my pack get far enough away from me that I feel like i need survival gear, knives, headlamps, etc. on my chest.

I use AGC. The straps are more comfortable and it completely cover my binos. I hunt mostly sandy(South Texas) areas and without full cover the binos gets sandy.

AGC here,.....i like the silent closure system. Have not owned the FHF bino but i feel the AGC has more room for more stuff! I have the FHF rangefinder on my AGC harness and that is nice. The AGC just has more pockets

OP
nickstevens2588
Ive seen a few guys here and elsewhere speak of not being able to get the AGC "tight enough". For me, I'm 160lbs and 5'9 and I can get it tight enough to the point it starts to constrict my chest expansion while running or any heavy deep breaths. Maybe just a little further tinkering would solve this cause I'm not a big guy by any means lol. And from a standpoint of Montana mountain Hiking, I wanna be able to BREATH. If your standing in your living room or at the trailhead and you make that harness "tight" there is no argument as to weather it's going to prevent your chest from full expansion or not by the time you hit the top of the mountain. With the full closure, extra pockets, Auto lock buckles and seemingly non existent harness it's the way to go for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I use an AGC but I didn't consider many options when I bought it. We have fewer options here in Australia and the bloke who imports a lot of good gear like Exo and Lowa imports the AGC stuff.

I'm 5'7'' and about 165lbs as well - seems to be a thread with a few smaller blokes, ey? I have a bit of an issue with the AGC riding a bit too low but I'll be honest and say I don't tinker enough with the fit. I find that when it rides low, it becomes very noisey as my legs rub on it when I'm in the crouched position.

I've been toying with the idea of getting another harness or an attachment for my existing harness, to give me somewhere better to put my rangefinder. I currently run a bulky, cheap, Bushnell golf rangefinder. It lives in one of the side pockets on my Exo 5500. I can't shut the pocket properly because the rangefinder is too big and I've already had it fall out once and lose it, which was a pain to find again. I'd prefer something I can attach to my bino harness, but at the same time, I may upgrade to a better/smaller rangefinder in the future.

Besides all that, the AGC is a fanatastic bino harness. I keep a few other things in it as well and it's very convenient.

MaxStatic

FNG
The thing about the AGC that bugged me is even with the front chest strap as short as it goes, the load would still sit just below my sternum. It’s also a relatively wide pouch that stuck out pretty far. Because of how low it went and how far it stuck out, I couldn’t go prone really.

The FHF rides much higher, which is to my liking, and sits very flat. I can lay flat without resting on it.

You can’t really go wrong with either, more just about what you want. I wanted a slimmer package that rode higher so I switched out my AGC for FHF. YMV.

Moose2367

Lil-Rokslider
Marsupial Gear is another to throw in the mix, i just changed to one from the AGC, i prefer the forward opening design. Some say the magnets can slap, but if you are aware of it they are a non issue.