Bino harness

Cody66

FNG
In the market for a new bino harness and curious what all the rokslide members use and recommend.

Cheers

CaliWoodsman

Lil-Rokslider
I've used an FHF harness for several years and it was great. Made the switch this year to an AGC Hybrid Maxx and I'm really loving the extra storage capacity. I'd go FHF if you're looking for a lean, simple harness. AGC if you're wanting more storage capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oso

FNG
I use a Marsupial Gear enclosed bino harness and range finder pouch. I have been happy with this setup.

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
I've tried many over the years. Ran the FHF for many years, and last year used the Adak. I'm a bit of a gear junkie so I picked up a Marsupial for this fall. The Marsupial is my favorite out of all of them. It's really well made, and it holds my swaro's right to my chest (I felt my binos would slip down my chest lower & lower while wearing the Adak last year). I also like the sturdiness/stiffness of the rangefinder pouch on the Marsupial. I felt like the rangefinder pouch on the FHF would just flop around. The rangefinder pouch on the Adak was better, but the Marsupial harness seems to me to be the best overall imo.

twall13

WKR
I've used a few of them over the years, AGC was always my go to. Seems like I'd try something new and end up using the AGC over it. I liked the idea of the Adak but it just didn't work out as well for me as my optics never felt as secure and the storage pockets were useless for anything but a mouth call. I'm a gear junkie, so when Marsupial came out with their enclosed harness I gave it a try this year and I think it has taken over as my new favorite. It fits a bit tighter to the chest than the AGC and can still have the same storage capacity if you add the rangefinder pouch and an accessory pouch. Of course at that point your price is nearly double that of the AGC and in my opinion the improvements are somewhat marginal. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either AGC or Marsupial at this point but understanding the differences and your preferences would come into play.

In my view, the enclosed Marsupial has easier access to the wind checker in the side pocket (mine fits like it was made to go there and I don't have to deal with a zipper), it fits a little closer to the chest and will stay higher on the chest if that's important to you. The biggest improvement to me is the harness doesn't ride up on my neck over time. After a few days of hunting with a pack on over the AGC it starts to chafe my neck a bit, not bad, but enough that I notice it and it bugs me a bit. The Marsupial is also probably a bit quieter, especially for the rangefinder portion as it doesn't use a zipper there. Both offer great protection and plenty of storage. Both are durable and quiet. Both are made in the USA by great guys that I like supporting.

Some people prefer the frontward opening of the Marsupial, I can go either way. It's nice that it opens out of the way at times, but I do feel like I need to use the security straps with it (takes an extra couple of seconds to get them free and put optics on a tripod) where I never worried about using those with the AGC as even without being secured it was really difficult for the optics to fall out of the harness as the lid automatically closes if you aren't holding it open. It's a trade off that I'm personally okay with either way but something to be aware of if you have a strong preference one way or another.

If the price is a concern I'd go with the AGC and be very happy with it as it comes. If you have to have the best, Marsupial is the best I've used for comfort and practical use and it's a bit more customizable with accessory pockets, etc. The Outdoor Visions looks like a similar harness in a lot of ways but I haven't used it to comment on it.

Medusa7MM

WKR
I like my AGC harness, but my only complaint is I can’t seem to keep it tight and high enough to my chest. For those of you that have used both the Marsupial and AGC, does the Marsupial stay tight to your chest and stay up where you put it on your chest? Again I really like the AGC, but not being able to keep it tight to chest is annoying. Those that have already commented on this is difference enough to switch to the Marsupial?

twall13

WKR
I like my AGC harness, but my only complaint is I can’t seem to keep it tight and high enough to my chest. For those of you that have used both the Marsupial and AGC, does the Marsupial stay tight to your chest and stay up where you put it on your chest? Again I really like the AGC, but not being able to keep it tight to chest is annoying. Those that have already commented on this is difference enough to switch to the Marsupial?
For me it was worth the upgrade. The design of the harness rides better for me. I had my AGC rigged with triglides so the buckles didn't slip on me, but it still rode up on the back of my neck a bit. Another option would be to just buy the harness from Marsupial and a few buckles and rig it on the AGC bino pouch, I feel like that would be a pretty good solution as well though I haven't tried it myself. Comparing the two harnesses side by side it looks like with a few auto lock buckles it would be a really easy modification and the attachment points seem to line up pretty well. I may end up trying it at some point.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pbm20

FNG
I’ll second the FHF. More minimalist as some have mentioned but it works well for me. I don’t like having a bunch of stuff hanging off me so it’s nice in that’s it’s compact and low profile.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
For me it was worth the upgrade. The design of the harness rides better for me. I had my AGC rigged with triglides so the buckles didn't slip on me, but it still rode up on the back of my neck a bit. Another option would be to just buy the harness from Marsupial and a few buckles and rig it on the AGC bino pouch, I feel like that would be a pretty good solution as well though I haven't tried it myself. Comparing the two harnesses side by side it looks like with a few auto lock buckles it would be a really easy modification and the attachment points seem to line up pretty well. I may end up trying it at some point.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I have ran an AGC with a marsupial harness since the marsupial’s first came out and really like that setup. I recently got a new enclosed marsupial and like that one just a touch more for archery hunting being able to go in/out of the pack easier and quieter single handedly. But I would say trying a marsupial harness (with tri-glides on all but 1 torso strap for ease of putting on/removing the harness) with the AGC pack would be a worth while upgrade if you’re happy with the AGC pouch. I will snap a few pics of mine tomoro morning and post them.

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
I've gone through a number of bino harnesses. Tried Kuiu, Sitka, FHF, marsupial gear and AGC. I had settled on the AGC. My dad settled on my AGC, so I'm back looking for a new bino harness now. My main complaints with the FHF, kuiu and marsupial gear was the opening that would result in a harness chock full of alder leaves at the end of each day. When I was working as a guide I loved the capacity of the AGC. It took a bit of practice to get used to using it while hunting with a bow. I had been close to pulling the trigger on an Adak harness, now I'm thinking I may have to give marsupial gear another shot now that they have an enclosed version of their harness.

xcutter

WKR
I really like the FHF. I've tried the Kuiu and AGC also. I recently switched to the Rick Young Bino Harness. It's way less bulky and lighter. Obviously it doesn't protect your binos any though. Worth a look if your interested in something more minimalistic. And there only like $25.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
A19AB491-A3FC-4937-960F-2D849D5D84FD.jpegC3B9FC59-D9F0-4367-B21A-6A6EB567AE24.jpegHere’s a couple pics. I really like this setup, with the ladder locks it rides nice and high/tight to my chest and it will not slip/loosen over time.