Bino harness

twall13

WKR
do they make a magnet closure one?
Does who make a magnet closure harness? AGC does not, nor does FHF, Adak, Kuiu, etc. Marsupial uses magnets, so does Outdoor Visions, and so does Badlands, to name a few.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Got ya, haven't found the ultimate one for me yet, S4 is great but gets snow, rain etc on the lens, a full coverage one takes longer to get out. like to make a hybrid of an s4 type with a fully enclosed upper portion and then a HD magnet to close it, but i am sure i am dreaming

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We just started using Sitka's Mountain Opticw Harness this year and have been extremely impressed so far!

My requirements: Forward opening, full enclosure, no magnets, ride comfortably, easy to get nockers in/out one handed.
Wants: Streamlined with minimal bs. Minimal body coverage to allow body to breathe (think opposite of those ADAK wings and sitka mountain harness). Lightweight.

Kuiu Pro is my favorite design out now. Be interested to see how the stone glacier model stacks up.

OMB

WKR
Used Badlands harness for a few years, really liked but started using a Kuiu Pro Harness this year and like it a lot more.

Medusa7MM

WKR
Appreciate the info guys. I’ll be getting a Marsupial harness when they become available. I contacted the company today and was advised they should be back in stock hopefully this week yet.

MattB

WKR
Do you prefer it over the pro model?
Yes, bought the pro and used it for a weekend and sold it. The original is cooler and easier to get the bins in/out and hence quieter, but it is not fully enclosed. A lot of guys do not like the original as it does not have an over the shoulder strap to hold up the case (it attached to the bins), but I find it to generally be an non-issue.

wyosteve

WKR
I just picked up an ALPS Outdoors unit for my 8x32's. I know it's not t the top of the line, but seems to be constructed ok. I have an AGC for my 10x42's and it's just a bit too bulky. I looked at Sitka, Badlands, AGC and the ALPS. I wanted one with minimal bulkiness and no extra pockets. We'll see how it goes.

I’m a fan of the Rick Young ultralight. It stays put, doesn’t slip. You can extend it and run it under your left arm too. Wraps tightly around the frames so you can put the binos back in the case for storage.
8C015714-43B1-4835-A4E5-81EEF89CA2D8.jpeg