bino harness

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
I have run the OV, kuiu pro, AGC, and marsupial gear. The AGC just seemed bulky for my liking, as I am not a big framed guy. I liked the layout of the OV a lot and never had magnet issues but because of where the straps attach I couldn’t wear it is high up as I liked when wearing my backpack. In general not a huge fan of a lot of kuiu products but I like there harness the best of what is out there. Feels the most compact and least bulky. As others have said the straps attaching to the binos isnt the best design out there but overall still checks most of the boxes for me.

I have the AGC and Marsupial. The AGC is bulletproof and holds more. If I was falling off the edge of the world never to return I would grab it. The Marsupial is well constructed and is more comfortable and less bulky for my 58 year old barrel shaped frame. I wear the Marsupial and carry my spare binos in the AGC in the truck. My Marsupials are the older open design. I keep the AGCs things like ATV trips and use it more like a chest pack. If I could only have one or buying my first one I would buy the new enclosed Marsupial. I can get my binos, windchecker, Iphone, lense cleaner and a few spare rounds in the Marsupial . My rangefinder is in a separate pouch. I get everything including the rangefinder in my AGC.

1stSgt M

Lil-Rokslider
I have the AGC and Marsupial. The AGC is bulletproof and holds more. If I was falling off the edge of the world never to return I would grab it. The Marsupial is well constructed and is more comfortable and less bulky for my 58 year old barrel shaped frame. I wear the Marsupial and carry my spare binos in the AGC in the truck. My Marsupials are the older open design. I keep the AGCs things like ATV trips and use it more like a chest pack. If I could only have one or buying my first one I would buy the new enclosed Marsupial. I can get my binos, windchecker, Iphone, lense cleaner and a few spare rounds in the Marsupial . My rangefinder is in a separate pouch. I get everything including the rangefinder in my AGC.
Boarmaster, I like how you put it "58 year old barrel shaped"! I just got the new Marsupial so I'll let you know how it works with an old barrel shaped guy.

Hans

FNG
I've been using the outdoor vision harness for a few years now and it is great... super functional pockets without getting too bulky, comfortable to wear, smooth getting the binos in and out. Their customer service is also top notch.

bird35

FNG
I have used a lot of different harnesses as well. I have a few badlands, T&K,AGC, Horn hunter and Marsupial. I like the fit and feel of the Marsupial the best. The T&K would be the most durable it feels like to me. I have never had an issue with any of them though. I much prefer the forward opening harness vs opening towards me. I think a lot of it is what you are used to. The first harness I used opened foward so i prefer it, i have friends who like them opening back towards them because that is what they are used to.

Stritch07

FNG
Ordering a couple now to try out, do guys not like the T&K? Some said they “would prob not even try them.” Look similar to FHF but with forward opening, I would think people would be more enthusiastic about that. ??
I really like the OV. The medium fits my BX-4 10x42s perfectly, the harness is really comfortable, and the material is fairly quiet. The magnet is occasionally annoying.

I haven't tried the Marsupial and probably won't try the T&K, but I've liked the AGC harnesses I've had too (Kodiak Cub and Hybrid MAX).

I've tried most of the major ones (not T&K, probably never will) and currently run the OV, with a marsupial rangefinder pouch. The OV pouch popping open hasn't been an issue for me unless I start running; the magnets aren't strong enough for that. I really liked the original Kuiu harness which I had for a few years, and would love to try the Kuiu pro harness as that seemed to solve the issues with the original. I had a marsupial for a year or two and didn't love it; felt like the distance you had to move to open or close the pouch made it somewhat inefficient so decided to get rid of it, though it was very well built and I know some guys that love them. Lots of great options and it's going to ultimately come down to personal preference.

bird35

FNG
Ordering a couple now to try out, do guys not like the T&K? Some said they “would prob not even try them.” Look similar to FHF but with forward opening, I would think people would be more enthusiastic about that. ??
I'd definitely try the T&k I like mine. The problem is they are 4 to 5 weeks backordered. I'm kinda curious as to why some dont like or will not try them? It makes no difference to me I'm just curious.

xFREDx

Lil-Rokslider
I have ran quite a bit of harnesses. started with the AGC Kodiak Cub with max pocket. I like many didn't like how far it stuck out. It didn't bother anything i did but was in my vision and just bothered me. So i switched to the Kuiu Pro, then tried the Adak and then went to the marsupial gear. after buying a pair of binos from Jaret at AGC i got a deal on a another harness. I told him what i liked about the others and he just advised get the KISS. So i received the KISS and rangefinder pouch, i dind't know but the new AGC have the new locking buckles and there is no slipping anymore, solid upgrade in that platform. I have grown to start putting the KISS at the top of my list now, yes it doesn't open forwards/down but the lid is so stiff, it is easy to still do one handed manipulation with my SLC's. One thing i see often is comparing the Kuiu, the Marsupial gear, the Adak to the AGC Kodiak Cub and they say it is too bulky. I feel like that is apples to oranges as none of those have a front pocket like the Kodiak Cub. I think they should start comparing it to the KISS. With all that said it comes down to preference. I like how secure the binos are in the KISS and it is a lot slimmer than the Cub, more in line with the Kuiu Pro. the Locking buckles are a win. This is tied with the Marsupial gear harness for me now. After a full season to compare the two i will probably decide on what i like better.

Outwest

WKR
I’ve used the FHF, Marsupial and Kuiu pro most recently. Kuiu has solved any gripe I had with the other two. Comfortable, holds your binos securely (even when left open), compact and streamlined with durable and usable side pockets. You can also mold the case to your binoculars profile along with adjusting the height they sit with the foam shims. Hard to beat for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MortJ

FNG
The alpz bino harnesses are cheap and well built. Had mine for 5 years and its great. Few straps and pockets for adding a range finder and a havelon and you're all set.

I run the enclosed Marsupial. Sits tight on the body and very comfortable. Perfect for bow hunting.

What is everyone using for a bino harness? i have been looking at 3 different one the t&k harness/ outdoor vison // and marsupial.
I finally got a Marsupial and wish I would have done it earlier. It holds well, fits snug and stays, doesnt interfere.