bino harness

What is everyone using for a bino harness? i have been looking at 3 different one the t&k harness/ outdoor vison // and marsupial.

Drenalin

WKR
I really like the OV. The medium fits my BX-4 10x42s perfectly, the harness is really comfortable, and the material is fairly quiet. The magnet is occasionally annoying.

I haven't tried the Marsupial and probably won't try the T&K, but I've liked the AGC harnesses I've had too (Kodiak Cub and Hybrid MAX).

CougarBlue

Lil-Rokslider
I tried most of the major brands. FHF, OV, AGC, etc.. My choice came down to the Marsupial Gear harness. It fit me better, kept a close tight profile and has just been more functional for me. The others are all great products and none were perfect. The magnet closure is great on some of the packs but it 100% messes with OnX and compass. I just have to be conscious of it but it's not enough of a hassle to overcome the other features. But I know that's the biggest complaint on them now that they have full-enclosure.

OP
O
I really like the OV. The medium fits my BX-4 10x42s perfectly, the harness is really comfortable, and the material is fairly quiet. The magnet is occasionally annoying.

I haven't tried the Marsupial and probably won't try the T&K, but I've liked the AGC harnesses I've had too (Kodiak Cub and Hybrid MAX).
The AGC harness just seem to be alittle big

Drenalin

WKR
The AGC harness just seem to be a little big
They stick out from your chest a little more, but not far enough that I ever had trouble shooting a bow with one on. That said, I did prefer the slimmer profile and material of the OV - hence the switch.

CougarBlue

Lil-Rokslider
The AGC harness just seem to be alittle big
They are. Lots of pockets which can be great. Like Drenalin said above, it doesn't get in the way of shooting a bow. But they're bulky enough to not be comfortable. With all the zippers for the pockets, they weren't as quiet as others and I absolutely hated the front opening lid. A lid that opens away from the body was so much better for me.

OP
O
They stick out from your chest a little more, but not far enough that I ever had trouble shooting a bow with one on. That said, I did prefer the slimmer profile and material of the OV - hence the switch.
How are the magnets on the OV i have heard that there aren't that strong and the cover will open at times

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I tried most of the major brands. FHF, OV, AGC, etc.. My choice came down to the Marsupial Gear harness. It fit me better, kept a close tight profile and has just been more functional for me. The others are all great products and none were perfect. The magnet closure is great on some of the packs but it 100% messes with OnX and compass. I just have to be conscious of it but it's not enough of a hassle to overcome the other features. But I know that's the biggest complaint on them now that they have full-enclosure.
Ditto

AGC - stuck out too much and the straps didn't jive with my backpack straps
OV - very nice harness but the dimensions are too big relative to peers, and also doesn't sit as high as I would like on my chest
FHF is awesome in every way except for the flap opens back into your face

Marsupial is just right!

CougarBlue

Lil-Rokslider
How are the magnets on the OV i have heard that there aren't that strong and the cover will open at times
Earlier models were worse about that. I didn't have as many problems with that. My experience showed they were like the Marsupial Gear ones but they were a little louder opening and closing that the MG. Just the way they're designed differently. I don't think either is doing anything intentionally.

But not like Badlands. Those things will clap loudly on you if you're not careful with them.

The big difference between OV and MG was the way you mounted the accessory pouches with the MG. They just fit together a little better in my opinion and felt more like a single unit that I could customize easily. The OV accessories didn't have that same stability.

Drenalin

WKR
I haven't had that. I've had a handful of times where the cover snapped closed on me because of the magnet. Mine's only about 4 months old, maybe they changed their magnets from earlier versions.

TFrank

WKR
How does it mess with OnX exactly?

I used the adak harness last year for the entire season and I really like it. I do wish the pockets on the side were a little bigger but that's my only complaint. Opens away from your chest, nice rangefinder pouch with tether, no magnets, quiet usage. It does not seem to be very well liked on this forum but I'm not sure why - I'm happy with it...

CougarBlue

Lil-Rokslider
How does it mess with OnX exactly?
The magnet throws off the internal compass in the phone. So when you want to adjust your map directionally, the app thinks north is somewhere it shouldn't be.

It takes anywhere from a minute to 5 to recalibrate once you move it away from the magnet. Not an issue if you store your phone away from the harness and just hold it a little bit away from bags with magnets when you're using it.

GPATTI

WKR
Ditto

AGC - stuck out too much and the straps didn't jive with my backpack straps
OV - very nice harness but the dimensions are too big relative to peers, and also doesn't sit as high as I would like on my chest
FHF is awesome in every way except for the flap opens back into your face

Marsupial is just right!
If you adjust the top straps on the OV, it will sit as high on the chest as needed. I’m a small guy and like it high, so it is adjusted pretty much under my chin!

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Used the OV on a few scouting trips and went back to the old trusty badlands. The OV opens up way to easily when you barely bend over and out come your 2k glass. Besides that it’s really boxy and flimsy feeling compared to others. I’ve had the badlands harness for 10 years and can’t find one I like better yet - even tho I don’t like the camo look it has.

Napperm4

WKR
I really like FHF for a nice, streamlined fit. AGC was too bulky for me. Currently using and loving the Kuiu pro for my ELs and would highly recommend

I've tried most of the major ones (not T&K, probably never will) and currently run the OV, with a marsupial rangefinder pouch. The OV pouch popping open hasn't been an issue for me unless I start running; the magnets aren't strong enough for that. I really liked the original Kuiu harness which I had for a few years, and would love to try the Kuiu pro harness as that seemed to solve the issues with the original. I had a marsupial for a year or two and didn't love it; felt like the distance you had to move to open or close the pouch made it somewhat inefficient so decided to get rid of it, though it was very well built and I know some guys that love them. Lots of great options and it's going to ultimately come down to personal preference.

1stSgt M

Lil-Rokslider
I've tired most as well, I like the AGC fine for rifle but like other have said it sticks out to much when bow hunting and Kuiu Pro is fine I just don't like the way the straps work or how you attach the range finder. I just ordered the Marsupial Gear I like the way they do the straps I hope it works.