Bino Harness

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for my first bino harness for my zeiss conquest 10x42s. I want small as possible, straps can’t interfere with my kuiu 5500 pack, and has to fold forwards. After looking at them online I think I’ve narrowed it down to the large kuiu pro, or the small enclosed marsupial. (Wet Pacific Northwest)

The kuiu looks smaller/lighter, but the marsupial looks like it has an easier accessed opening with the magnets, and looks to be higher quality. I’d likely be happy with either but am concerned with the comfort of the straps when underneath my backpack straps because the marsupial looks thicker.
Any thoughts?

hunterjmj

WKR
I use the badlands XR and I've never had issues with the straps between me and my pack. That was one of my concerns as well but I don't even notice it. I would assume the same to be true of the two you're looking at.

I've used the kuiu, sitka, fhf and finally got what I wanted in the marsupial. The quality of the fhf and the marsupial are much better than the others. I like the slimmer profile of the marsupial and the down opening lid with magnetic closures. I highly recommend the marsupial.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

TN2shot07

WKR
Another vote for the marsupial.

I had an FHF and an Alaska Guide Creations. Both were good quality, the folding forward is the difference to me. I tried one of the enclosed marsupials and like the access of the original one better.

Txarcher

Lil-Rokslider
AGC now has a forward opening bino harness and T&K hunting gear is a great one. T&K Hunting Gear may be a little more $ but everything used to make it is sourced from USA and their customer service can't be touched.

OP
Jellymon1

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. Looking closer at the original marsupial it looks pretty small, which is what I want. My conquests with the eyecups in position are 6 3/8 long and the marsupial site says 6.3” max. So hopefully they fit. Still on the fence, but leaning towards the small original marsupial now.

You can't go wrong the original Marsupial. I have them and the enclosed and I think I like the originals better. I do like that the optics get a little less dusty when enclosed.

OP
Jellymon1

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah. I’ve used a bino buddy for 20 years that leaves the bino fully exposed, so these are going to be a good upgrade.

LarsCL7

FNG
I haven't used the Marsupial but I love my kuiu harness. I've had mine for about ten years now and it's never failed. I use it year round for everything from coyote hunting, elk season, it's been all over the glaciers in Alaska chasing dall sheep and its always worked perfect. Hiking miles and miles per day with a fully loaded pack and it's never been an issue under my pack straps. I just ordered their newest version simply because I wanted the upgraded features.

OP
Jellymon1

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
I almost got the kuiu, but went with the original marsupial purely based on its small size. It shipped within an hour of being ordered at 9am! So far so good.

Felton

WKR
I just purchased the marsupial and am happy with it, but I thought the new mystery ranch harness looks a lot like marsupial. I saw it on sale for $85 at midway over Father’s Day weekend. Might be worth a look.

OP
Jellymon1

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
It only took a couple days to get here. The quality of it is very good. No complaints. I even put my phone on top and around it to try and get a bad compass reading and it didn’t affect it at all even with it set at magnetic north. I’ll do more testing in the field to verify that but so far it’s good. Very happy I went with this one, I wouldn’t want one any bigger than the small marsupial. 10x42 conquests fit perfectly.

tracker12

WKR
I am trying to decide between the Kuiu and Marsupial original version. They really are very close in features. I think Kuiu will be lighter but thinking Marsupial may be may streamlined.

The Marsupial is slightly more streamlined and just felt like a more quality product to me plus it's made in America by American workers

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk