Bino pouch

Beastmode

WKR
Looking for a new bino pouch for my 10x42 razors this year. Wondering what some of you guys thought of some of the ones you guys used th is last hunting season. Bino bro, Sitka bivy, FHF, Alaska guide creations. I am interested mostly in the FHF Paul makes and the alaskan guide creations, but still considering other options. Thanks guys

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I am firmly on board with the FHF. Great piece of gear. Check out the FHF bino harness thread.

OP
Beastmode

Beastmode

WKR
I have read through that one Matt. Good info. How big is the zippered pocket? Can Paul put a couple zippered pockets in it? Looking for a little more information on the other ones as well.

+1 for me on the FHF products. I have the same new, 2012 Vortex Razor's in 10x42 you have as well Beastmode. So far, I like the design and performance on both products. Like others have mentioned Paul's design has little to no bounce, the harness system stays close to your body, it is comfortable and you can get your binoculars out easy and quickly with the fastner design.

I'll gather Paul can do just about anything if you want to add to it in a custom feature to one. It can take some time getting one but I'm happy and it was worth the wait.

IMG_7351_zps705862a6.jpg

IMG_7353_zps347dc7b9.jpg

Last edited:

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I really like the Alaska Guide Creations myself. Simply cause I can drop my pack and still have everything I need with me without looking through my pack. Rangefinder, GPS, knife, lighter, tags, license, chapstick, lens cleaner, oh yeah and binos too. :D Its large enough to carry what I need but not too large to be in the way. Helps me keep my unorganized self just a bit more organized. :D

I really like the Alaska Guide Creations myself. Simply cause I can drop my pack and still have everything I need with me without looking through my pack. Rangefinder, GPS, knife, lighter, tags, license, chapstick, lens cleaner, oh yeah and binos too. :D Its large enough to carry what I need but not too large to be in the way. Helps me keep my unorganized self just a bit more organized. :D

We could swap chest packs and aside from our difference in bino's you wouldn't now the difference... Well ok the fact that mine would be VERY loose on you may stand out and I would probably notice your cherry lip balm. ;)

luke moffat

Super Moderator
We could swap chest packs and aside from our difference in bino's you wouldn't now the difference... Well ok the fact that mine would be VERY loose on you may stand out and I would probably notice your cherry lip balm. ;)

Yeah I'd notice my Zeiss binos being gone, and my Leica CRF gone as well....and I'd be getting hungry with no cherry lip balm to snack on. :D

Floorguy

WKR
Does anyone have better pictures of the am guide creation pouch closed and open their website is kind of lacking in that dept

Yeah I'd notice my Zeiss binos being gone, and my Leica CRF gone as well....and I'd be getting hungry with no cherry lip balm to snack on. :D
LOL, I went in on a Leica for the FIL who is usually to busy nailing together commercial buildings during hunting season to use it so that is usually there. Unless of course I am out with you and then I am good with you hauling that weight. ;)

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Does anyone have better pictures of the am guide creation pouch closed and open their website is kind of lacking in that dept

Floorguy I see you are in Palmer...PM me and maybe we could meet up real quick to look one over in person if you want....

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
I have alaska creations. I love it for the same reasons luke does. I carry a lighter, and a few rounds in the 2 small pockets on the side, Rangefiner in the front, binos in the pounch, and my license and knife(havalon) in the back pocket. Heres some pics.

IMAG0445_zps744209f8.jpg

IMAG0446_zps6a083bd5.jpg

IMAG0447_zps63c5acbb.jpg

IMAG0448_zps4d37cbca.jpg

IMAG0449_zpsdc4a1af2.jpg

IMAG0450_zps83c948a3.jpg

Its wicked comfortable and he he has a few different sizes. I had 10x56's in these last year and it fit them no problem

Last edited:

wapitibob

WKR
I have yet to find a good bino pouch and sure would like to. Every one I see has the top of the pouch held by straps going over the shoulders. That design won't hold the top against the chest and the pouch tips forward when belly crawling. It's the shits to crawl along and see your $2000 binos dragging thru the dirt, which they do with a badlands pouch.
maybe that FHF guy can make something up for me.

dotman

WKR
I have yet to find a good bino pouch and sure would like to. Every one I see has the top of the pouch held by straps going over the shoulders. That design won't hold the top against the chest and the pouch tips forward when belly crawling. It's the shits to crawl along and see your $2000 binos dragging thru the dirt, which they do with a badlands pouch.
maybe that FHF guy can make something up for me.

The FHF does not tip forward and the lid can be tucked behind the binos, really I have zero complaints

Last edited:

Elc1973

FNG
Just ordered the fhf from Paul should be here this week can't wait to try it out and he is great to deal with,that was probably the deciding factor good customer service is not very common anymore.ive had several different brands and none of them keep my Swarovskis from flopping all over.