Bino rec

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
If you had 1500ish to spend on a set of Bino’s what would you get? Need to be at least 12x50s. I’ve been eyeing some Razor UHDs (discounted) but want to know what people are looking at in that Range

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
Razor UHD's are an excellent choice in your price range. I have numerous Zeiss, Swarovski, Leica, and Vortex binoculars. The UHD's are optically among the finest binoculars I have ever used. There are alot of used options as well, but likely nothing with the warranty coverage of Vortex. Try some used Swarovski, Zeiss, and Leica examples if you can. Most any phase corrected alpha level binoculars will be fantastic. Find what works best for you.

Last edited:
Maven makes some nice stuff and the have a demo program.

Another option to consider is looking at demo/used/open box top tier optics from one of the reputable dealers (Outdoorsman’s, Rent guns & Gear, Cameraland NY). For not much more than $1500 you might find one of the big 3 if you’re patient and typically optics don’t go bad. I purchased my ELs used that way and have been 100% satisfied.

If you had 1500ish to spend on a set of Bino’s what would you get? Need to be at least 12x50s. I’ve been eyeing some Razor UHDs (discounted) but want to know what people are looking at in that Range
What is your tripod setup? Anything over 10x needs a tripod I don't care what anybody says. 10x on a tripod is a game changer. Remove the shake and see more critters.

I would not use Vortex if they were given to me for free.

Find a used set of 15x56 SLC and buy a Wiser Precision BA-7 Sparrow bino adapter for use with a quality tripod system.

nobody

WKR
The UHD’s are fantastic binos, period. People like to crap on them because they’re a Vortex product, but if Swaro released them EXACTLY how vortex did spec wise and called them the SLC 2.0, they’d be touted as Alpha, without question. I owned and happily used a pair of 10x50 UHD’s for 3 seasons and never felt under glassed.

That said, I would also consider a pair of Maven B series (B2 or B6) if I was you. Undoubtedly add a quality tripod/head/bino adapter combo to the purchase and happily glass away to your heart’s content.

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
The UHD’s are fantastic binos, period. People like to crap on them because they’re a Vortex product, but if Swaro released them EXACTLY how vortex did spec wise and called them the SLC 2.0, they’d be touted as Alpha, without question. I owned and happily used a pair of 10x50 UHD’s for 3 seasons and never felt under glassed.

That said, I would also consider a pair of Maven B series (B2 or B6) if I was you. Undoubtedly add a quality tripod/head/bino adapter combo to the purchase and happily glass away to your heart’s content.

Nobody speaks the truth.

IdahoBeav

WKR
$1,500 is a tough spot to cap out at. If you can do $2,000 you can shop around and get a used top tier pair of binos.

Try your eyes on the glass you want to shop at. Then make your decision. Everyone's eyes are different. Leica makes some nice stuff as well.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Save a little extra $$$ and buy the next Swarovski SLC or Meopta B1 PLUS that hits the classifieds specifically in like new babied condition.

Worst case scenario buy a Maven B series better clearer glass than Vortex Razor UHD without the grey tint.

I recently bought a B5 18x56 holy crap I don't really know if even Swarovski could improve on it.

OP
EricBender208

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
Save a little extra $$$ and buy the next Swarovski SLC or Meopta B1 PLUS that hits the classifieds specifically in like new babied condition.

Worst case scenario buy a Maven B series better clearer glass than Vortex Razor UHD without the grey tint.

I recently bought a B5 18x56 holy crap I don't really know if even Swarovski could improve on it.
Are the SLCs better than the ELs?

lelliott8

FNG
SLC has no field flattener (which some people dont like) and a different color tone, but generally seems like the EL is the better set.
SLC is lighter and doesnt have the double bridge design. Buy whichever one comes up first.