Bino suggestions (swaro)

Sled

WKR
I'm looking to upgrade binos and want to go swarovski this time. with the SLC line being discontinued it's forcing me to make a decision faster than i usually would for a purchase this size. My current setup is maven b3 8x30 for archery and vortex talon 10x32 for most rifle. my mavens are lite and adequate for most hunting applications i use them for but i'm starting to notice the edge blurring more than i used to. they do however have a great field of view. the talons aren't quite as sharp and sometimes seem to warm the colors more than i want. that leaves me trying to decide between the SLC in 10x42 or EL's in 10x32 for rifle hunting. i haven't yet looked through el's but i recall being wowed by a friends 10x42 slcs a few years back at an archery shoot. for hunting and spotting are the EL's worth the extra money? would I be losing any last light spotting by going with 32's over 42's? any other suggestions?

thanks in advance

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
Unless you have aging eyes then yes, the small exit pupil of any 10x32 will cost you low light glassing time. I personally wouldn't suggest any magnification over 8x in a 32 mm.

There's been some really nice deals on 10x42 SLC's both new and used the last couple weeks.

OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
I have been looking but haven't seen anything better than 1599 new on the SLC's. I'm always looking for a deal but time may be running out now that they have been discontinued.

Dcrafton

WKR
So as you probably know, the SLC model is being dropped by Swarovski, but Swarovski owns Kahles, the SLC is being moved to Kahles as there flagship binoculars. So they will be rebranded under Kahles but still available. So if that was the reason for a hurry up purchase, you will have time.
I own both the 10x42el’s and the 12x42 NL pure. I upgraded a few years ago from the SLC to the EL’s. I would not go back to the SLC now that I have the EL’s but you would not be disappointed with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZDR

WKR
The EL 8x32 work really well for me and I find the optics amazing compared to others I have tried (zeiss, LEica). I also have a pair of the CL companion 10x30s that I really like but they can be hard for me to hold steady at times. Optically they are 90-95% of an EL. I used to have a pair of B3 8x30 that I really liked, but find the CLs to be much better optically.

OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
So as you probably know, the SLC model is being dropped by Swarovski, but Swarovski owns Kahles, the SLC is being moved to Kahles as there flagship binoculars. So they will be rebranded under Kahles but still available. So if that was the reason for a hurry up purchase, you will have time.
I own both the 10x42el’s and the 12x42 NL pure. I upgraded a few years ago from the SLC to the EL’s. I would not go back to the SLC now that I have the EL’s but you would not be disappointed with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i read that but was unsure if the quality would be the same since kales does not make their binos in austria. also i read they haven't exported some products to the US. it appears swaro is downgrading the EL's, dropping the SLC and upgrading the CL's. that should make the NL's more attractive and command the bigger price. not sure where the price point and quality will be on the kales version, plus there's something magical about the swaro brand.

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
Kahles current version of that model is indeed made in Japan but will be replaced by the Swaro made SLC's rebranded as Kahles. (Ugly brown armor with an orange stripe.) Unfortunately it will not be offered in the U.S.
Also rumors that Swaro is going to introduce 8 and 10x42mm to the current Companion line.

Pm'd ya