Bino tripod adapters

stinky

FNG
Anybody out there use these? With the limited searching I've done, it looks like you really don't want to leave these things attached to your binos while hiking around unless you don't mind getting poked as you walk around. Any of them out there that sit more comfortable while on the bino, or do you guys just take off the adapter when not in use?

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I recommend outdoorsmans tripod adapters. They are pricey but you just leave the nipple on your binos and leave adapter on tripod. The swaro adapter is same way but less of a nipple and I don't trust my binos with them.

The vortex and similar style adapters will require you to unscrew them if you want to carry your binos comfortably on your chest.

BigSurArcher

Banned
Uni-dapter here, never taken it off, never been poked, never worried about the weight.

I keep a separate tripod head plate in my pack with the female end of the Uni-dapter attached to swithing from spotter to binos on the tripod takes about 5 seconds.

wapitibob

WKR
I bought a jim White from Coues whitetail and screwed a quick disconnect for my tripod to the btm of the adapter for swapping out binos, spotter, or vid. Mine is essentially the same as BitterRoots adapter.

Boomer

FNG
I've been trying out the Vortex and it always has to be retightened when in use or the binos lay over. Is this an issue with the outdoorsmans ?

The swaro adapters stick to the tripod and do not stay on the binos, at least for the ELs that I have that's how the work. Glassing from a tripod is a game changer IMO.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member

Boomer

FNG
It's the standard. Is that a lock washer on the uni? The rubber one on the standard doesn't do the job and I didn't think a metal one would do my binos any good.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
It's the standard. Is that a lock washer on the uni? The rubber one on the standard doesn't do the job and I didn't think a metal one would do my binos any good.

Yep, metal lock washer, and it holds solid. It is not on the bino-side of the adapter, so it doesn't harm the binos.

Craig4791

WKR
The swaro adapters stick to the tripod and do not stay on the binos, at least for the ELs that I have that's how the work. Glassing from a tripod is a game changer IMO.

Where does the adapter go on your EL's?

I have removed both of the plastic caps on my EL's and there was nothing under the cap. Am I missing something?

I have this one and its too bulky!

ery6etu9.jpg