Binoc recommendations

live4him

FNG
I’ve been looking at upgrading my 15 year old binocs that were like 170$ at the time: I’m a bit of a gear junkie and while I would love to spend $1k on some premium glass, I just don’t think I could ever justify it. It seems there’s a huge lack of options in the mid-upper class either $400-500 or $1000 but not much in between. I looked through all the ones I could at our local sporting good store and felt like the best under $700 were the leupold bx-4 pro guides. Second being vortex viper. That said after talking woth Doug at
Camerland considering the meopros as well. Maven I would love to get my hands on to compare as well but it would suck to spend the extra shipping back if you don’t settle on them and I feel Like may lead me to choose them just to save the shipping cost back. Silly I know. But hey. I’m cheap. I also found a pair of Steiner Hx new for $600 which some say is high end glass but heavy and a narrow FOV. Just no where to hold them to compare which makes them hard to consider with the lack of overall reviews. I’m looking to stick woth 10x42s and keep it under $700 for sure. $600 would be best per my wife. But bang for buck is what I’m after.

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
-You can get Nikon MHG's refurbished for $699 and they were recently on sale for $499. Hard to beat the quality of optics for that price. Actually you can't.

-Tract Torics are also super glass and can be had for $694 new. They occasionally have sales and demos on them as well. They were just $100 off a couple weeks ago.

-Your BX4 Leupolds are going to be a step below those two optically but are currently on sale everywhere for $399 which is a pretty decent price.

-Your other option would be to buy some used Meopta Meostars, Mavens B's, Zeiss Conquests, or Vortex Razors in the classifieds here which go for around your price range and all are around the MHG level of optics, give or take. Any of them would make you happy.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I just picked up a used set of made in Japan vortex viper 10x50’s. They are pretty nice for paying $350 for them, in pristine condition. I compared them to my buddies 12x50 vipers that are made in China and mine are much clearer.

nobody

WKR
Just a thought, why not buy used? You can get top tier glass for less than 1k easily that will blow the vortex anything out of the water without even breaking a sweat.

On the optics classifieds right now, there are two pairs of Maven B2's for less than 1k. The Maven B2's retail for about a grand and compete with the best out there easily. They are not sold in stores and only sell direct to consumer (like Kuiu), so they put more money into the product and offer it for sale for less. Check them out, you won't regret it!

Even new, it's hard to beat the Maven B2's optically, and not just for what you pay. They also offer a demo program where you can "test drive" their stuff for a couple of weeks before actually deciding if you wanna keep them, and then you can keep the test pair for a discount.

For reference, the B2 demos are $997, normally $1050:

Also, their B1 line is incredible. Here is the demo 10x42's:

Or you can pick up the B2's used on the classifieds here for like $800...

OP
L

live4him

FNG
Bummer I missed both those sales! That would’ve been perfect. I’ll
Keep my eyes out.
-You can get Nikon MHG's refurbished for $699 and they were recently on sale for $499. Hard to beat the quality of optics for that price. Actually you can't.

-Tract Torics are also super glass and can be had for $694 new. They occasionally have sales and demos on them as well. They were

-Tract Torics are also super glass and can be had for $694 new. They occasionally have sales and demos on them as well. They were just $100 off a couple weeks ago.

-Your BX4 Leupolds are going to be a step below those two optically but are currently on sale everywhere for $399 which is a pretty decent price.

-Your other option would be to buy some used Meopta Meostars, Mavens B's, Zeiss Conquests, or Vortex Razors in the classifieds here which go for around your price range and all are around the MHG level of optics, give or take. Any of them would make you happy.
just $100 off a couple weeks ago.

[/QUOTE]