Binocular Harness Head to Head

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will be testing several of the leading binocular harnesses against each other:
  • Outdoor Vision
  • Alaska Guide Creations
  • Sitka
  • T &K Hunting
  • Stone Glacier
  • Marsupial
  • FHF Gear
  • Adak
  • Badlands

Part one will consist of jogging, bending over, jumping, and crawling. Each harness will be judged on how well it stays in place and how well it keeps debris out.

Part two will consist of hunting with each harness and judging how it does in the field.

If you have any input or test ideas I would appreciate them.

Thank you,

Zach

@robby denning @badlands @stoneglacier @SITKA @fhfgear @marsupial @KUIU @adak @alaskaguidecreations @outdoorvision

Attachments

• DSC09322.jpg
    DSC09322.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR
It would be interesting if you went through your testing, and then mixed and matched harness with the bino pack. I use one maker's pack with another maker's harness.

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
I will be testing several of the leading binocular harnesses against each other. (Pictures and specific brand names coming soon)

Part one will consist of crawling, jogging, shooting a bow, carrying a backpack, jumping etc. Each harness will be judged on how secure it holds the binoculars, how well it keeps debris out, any movement, and ease of access.

Part two will consist of hunting with each harness and judging how it does in the field.

Thank you,

Zach

@robby denning
Add using from the car seat. I’m looking for a harness that works well while sitting in the car.

I would suggest wearing your hunting backpack while using the bino harnesses.
I'm always curious if the harness interfere or cause pressure spots when using a pack.

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider
If there is room for it, the entire system IE with rangefinder pouch/admin pouch added to compare as a side project. Seems like the way a few of them attach looks sloppy but could be more comfortable for movement?

Venom One

WKR
If there is room for it, the entire system IE with rangefinder pouch/admin pouch added to compare as a side project. Seems like the way a few of them attach looks sloppy but could be more comfortable for movement?
Agree; I've never understood why they mount the RF pouch at the same height as the windicator bottle pouch and then smash them together nice and tight so you can't get the bottle in/out.

RonEgg

FNG
I will be testing several of the leading binocular harnesses against each other. (Pictures and specific brand names coming soon)

Part one will consist of crawling, jogging, shooting a bow, carrying a backpack, jumping etc. Each harness will be judged on how secure it holds the binoculars, how well it keeps debris out, any movement, and ease of access.

Thank you,

Zach

@robby denning
I hope Marsupial Gear will be one of the chosen participants.

I hope Marsupial Gear will be one of the chosen participants.
I’m sure it will, they are my favorite harness going right now… the gen 2 outdoor vision is one I’m hoping to see, the gen 1 is a great harness in it’s own right, and it looks like they changed the couple things I would have liked different

I’m always curious to see different perspectives on gear, pointing out the individual important aspects for each person. I am also surprised the perfect harness doesn’t exist yet, some are closer than others, but none have really impressed me, or felt particularly clever in design… I do really like the marsupial, but it’s just another refined version of what’s out there

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would be interesting if you went through your testing, and then mixed and matched harness with the bino pack. I use one maker's pack with another maker's harness.
Its ironic that you bring that up because I was thinking about taking the best from each!

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd like to see a comparison of how each one sits on the body. It seems some tend to ride low vs high. Be nice, if possible, to hear how each one performs when you hang a holster off the bottom (like the Razco etc.)
Excellent Idea!

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes sir I asked companies to send the range finder pouch for that exact reason!

Venom One

WKR
I will be testing several of the leading binocular harnesses against each other:
  • Outdoor Vision
  • Alaska Guide Creations
  • Sitka
  • Kuiu
  • Stone Glacier
  • Marsupial
  • FHF Gear
  • Adak
  • Badlands

Thank you,

Zach

@robby denning @badlands @stoneglacier @SITKA @fhfgear @marsupial @KUIU @adak @alaskaguidecreations @outdoorvision

That's a great list; all of the major players are there.

Venom One

WKR
I am also surprised the perfect harness doesn’t exist yet, some are closer than others, but none have really impressed me, or felt particularly clever in design… I do really like the marsupial, but it’s just another refined version of what’s out there

100% agree. For such a simple piece of gear, it seems perfection would have been reached by now.