Binocular Harness Head to Head

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Curious how the SG was winning in different areas with the FHF and Sitka and then got bumped out by the marsupial. Did it have something that was completely wrong?
It didn't have the features or functionality that the three I listed as my preferences and I found it more difficult to close than other harnesses.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some of these look huge. Did you measure (and I missed) and provide depth of each model, as in outward projection from chest? High on the list for a bow hunter.
Some of them are very big, but I shot a bow with all of them on and I didn't have any issues. As for an actual measurement, I did not take measurements.

@Zach Herold Awesome review thank you I've been looking forward to it and it did not disappoint. I think your jump test should cover the horse gallop test ha. No harness is perfect that's for sure I've tried a bunch of them.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Zach Herold Awesome review thank you I've been looking forward to it and it did not disappoint. I think your jump test should cover the horse gallop test ha. No harness is perfect that's for sure I've tried a bunch of them.
I appreciate your support and I'm glad that you found it beneficial!

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
Excellent work and well thought out testing that really demonstrates plus/minus for each pack! Looking forward to the new FHF review!

Feedback: I wonder what the snow/debris pickup would have been, and I'm thinking far worse, had you crawled thru 'virgin' snow and grass. I was surprised by how much some packs picked up despite you having packed down both the snow and grass. Taking that into account really makes you think about how bad some may have been in that 'virgin' state.

Thanks!

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Excellent work and well thought out testing that really demonstrates plus/minus for each pack! Looking forward to the new FHF review!

Feedback: I wonder what the snow/debris pickup would have been, and I'm thinking far worse, had you crawled thru 'virgin' snow and grass. I was surprised by how much some packs picked up despite you having packed down both the snow and grass. Taking that into account really makes you think about how bad some may have been in that 'virgin' state.

Thanks!
I'm glad you enjoyed the review!

dscl

FNG
Great information here. I'm wondering if anyone here has tried the Cole-Tac Bino Harness and how it compares to your favorites here.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great information here. I'm wondering if anyone here has tried the Cole-Tac Bino Harness and how it compares to your favorites here.
I've never heard of it, but I'll look into it.