Binocular Harness Head to Head

JNDEER

WKR
@Zach Herold

Hopefully during the testing you made some mental notes on how quiet removing a binocular and/or rangefinder is. Being mostly a bow hunter I run the lid open 24/7 and prefer a one hand quiet binocular removal same with the rangefinder.

Venom One

WKR
@Zach Herold

Hopefully during the testing you made some mental notes on how quiet removing a binocular and/or rangefinder is. Being mostly a bow hunter I run the lid open 24/7 and prefer a one hand quiet binocular removal same with the rangefinder.

Good point on sound; I've found that it depends on which binos I'm using with my FHF. My Nikon's are pretty quiet, but my Kowa's squeak pretty bad. Not sure if it's due to a different rubber compound or that the Kowa's are a tighter fit...or maybe a little of both.

Drenalin

WKR
After trying AGC, FHF, and Outdoor Vision, I've come to the conclusion that I like the idea of a harness more than I like any one harness itself. I'm rocking the Rick Young Ultralight and sticking my rangefinder in my pack's belt pouch. In rain, I put their cover over the binos. Otherwise, I let them get used and dusty...but I'm not carrying top of the line binos.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
UPDATE: I plan to finish up the studio shots and any other shots needed next week and have the video done by end of week 02/17/23 and it will probably go live the following week.

pirogue

WKR
Some of these look huge. Did you measure (and I missed) and provide depth of each model, as in outward projection from chest? High on the list for a bow hunter.

I tried out the Stone Glacier but found I didn't like how high it sat on my back. The fit and finish was great but wasn't comfortable for me. I switched to the Marsupial gear and am looking forward to putting it through its paces this year.

idazona

FNG
I saw Kuiu listed, but don't see it in the final video review, Wondering why it didn't make the cut?
Yeah the Kuiu pro harness has been my go-to harness after trying a badlands and Alaska Gear Creations. The AGC was probably the most comfortable harness though. Ive wanted to try the FHF but when I was looking last they were out of stock of a lot of things.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw Kuiu listed, but don't see it in the final video review, Wondering why it didn't make the cut?
It didn't get tested because they never responded to sending a harness. I had a friend send one for me to test and it was too big for the binoculars that I used for the test.