Binocular power for guided sheep hunt

Broomd

WKR
I own Leica Ultravid 8x32 (pre-HD) and Swarovision 10x42 ELs. I use the 10x42s exclusively for sheep here in BC, DIY but also in the NWT when I was on a guided Dall bow hunt. The 8x32 are nice to carry but you give up some capability above tree line with them. That said, I arrowed my first Bighorn in CO using Zeiss 10x25 binoculars.

Go hunt sheep and don't stress over the 8X or 10X decision! Good luck!
Leica's little 10x32 or 8x32 Ultravid HD+ are in a class by themselves size-wise, nothing else compares optically for such a small, compact package.
You'll be using your guide's spotter, so bincs are just for locating animals and giving them a prelim peek.
I'd bring as small an alpha binc as you can get your hands on, but I'd stick to larger than 25mm compacts.....to me that says Leica 32s hands down. I also own the 32mm field pros, but I'd be bringing the Leicas.
Here's what I mean....they are tiny yet pack huge punch.

MEFIxjg%Q3KlQ4ZyHH6Ajw_thumb_1ff8.jpg

bates

WKR
Only a 1 time sheep hunter but i took 8x32 El on my first hunt and will take them on my 2nd hunt as well.

definitely over thought it and went back and forth with those or el 12's but happy i took the smaller and lighter binos