Binocular Tripod Adapter options

Wondering how this compares with the RRS option in terms of being streamlined enough to fit in a bino harness comfortably and in terms of being able to free hand with the bino's without having to re-position your hand. Outdoorsmans seems a little bulkier from the pictures.

Can anyone speak to this?

You still have to mount a tripod mounting plate to either one. I would not expect to use either one in and out of a bino harness with the mount and plate attached. I would expect to leave the mount attached to the tripod. It would double as a nice rifle rest too, I think.

Not true for the RRS. Bottom fits right into my ballhead (no plate needed). My HD-Bs fit right into the FHF harness with RRS cinch on it. I need to wear it around to see if it’s comfortable or not, but it’s pretty slim.

Good to know. I dont have a ball head so not familiar with them.

Can you post some pics of how it attaches?

This is very informative for me. I'm mot a big tripod user. Are most ball heads universal in the attachment like that? I'll be looking at tripods all day now.

Another vote for the Outdoorsmans Bino Adapter.

The problem with a lot of the other bino attachment systems is that they lock the binocular in place. For example the RRS Cinch, which secures around an objective barrel. So, when you start panning and tilting your tripod head the binoculars start to cant in direct proportion to how unlevel the tripod yoke is. Unless your tripod yoke is absolutely level, which it rarely/never will be, you’ll end up constantly fiddling with the bino attachment to try and relevel your binos to the new direction or angle your looking. Most people don’t do this though. Instead, they just end up tilting their head from side-to-side, in order to have their eyes line up with the ocular lenses. Either way of dealing with the problem is an absolute pain in the ass!!

The Outdoorsmans system allows the binos to tilt left and right...with almost zero friction, which lets them self level. Yet they’re totally secure until you push the release button to remove your binoculars from the adapter. It’s an amazingly simple, lightweight and easy to use system.

Dooger

FNG
Sorry to bring this back up, but...questions:

With the Outdoorsman and a VA-5: Do you need to add an Arca Swiss plate onto the bottom of the Outdoorsman bino adapter to attach it to the VA-5? Or is the base of the bino adapter already Arca Swiss?

Thanks in advance!

Rock-o

WKR
Field Optics Research Rapid Release Binocular Tripod Adapter Gen 2

• Tool-less quick release separation from binocular.
  • Adapter base is directly compatible with Arca Swiss, Manfrotto 200PL and 1/4-20 tripod heads (no QR adapter plate required).
  • Made from high strength hard anondized 6063-T6 Aluminium, CNC construction.
  • Very affordable. Compare with others at $ 125-$ 160.
  • Additional receiver nuts are available.
  • Leaves no protruding parts when hanging on your chest.
  • Life Time Guarantee.
^ This ^