Binocular Tripod Adapter options

Silver

FNG
Hey Everyone

I’m trying to find a tripod adapter for my binoculars, and I’d like something along the lines of the outdoorsman Binocular Adapter or the Vortex Uni-Adaptor. Are there other options out there similar to these two? I can’t find much searching the forum, and most of what I can find are the screw-on mount style that don’t lend themselves well to staying attached to the binoculars while carrying in a chest harness.

Many thanks

Ag

BAKPAKR

WKR
I bought a Leupold hook and loop strap model in 2018 with the idea that I would save money. I ended up getting the Outdoorsmans adapter last year and, based on the enhanced performance/ease of use of the Outdoorsmans, that is where I should have started “to save money.”

pirogue

WKR
You might want to check out:

I have the Outsdoorsman, but they don’t permit the center of binos to be centered over the tripod center, which creates more head, neck, and upper body movement while panning(the longer the radius, the greater the circumference). Also, some have said you don’t have to spread the EL binos( and then remeld barrel vision) for the Kramer, like you do slipping over the post of the Outdoorsmans. This would be 2 huge improvements that the Kramer has over the Outdoorsman.

I have the Outdoorsmans and love it. I have a bunch of stuff from Kramer Designs as well. Their Bino Tower is really nice, I checked it out at the Sheep Show earlier this year.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Field Optics Research Rapid Release Binocular Tripod Adapter Gen 2

• Tool-less quick release separation from binocular.
  • Adapter base is directly compatible with Arca Swiss, Manfrotto 200PL and 1/4-20 tripod heads (no QR adapter plate required).
  • Made from high strength hard anondized 6063-T6 Aluminium, CNC construction.
  • Very affordable. Compare with others at $ 125-$ 160.
  • Additional receiver nuts are available.
  • Leaves no protruding parts when hanging on your chest.
  • Life Time Guarantee.

Also, some have said you don’t have to spread the EL binos( and then remeld barrel vision) for the Kramer, like you do slipping over the post of the Outdoorsmans.

I am contemplating the Kramer, and this was a huge selling point for me, so I emailed him and asked the width of the top of his bino tower, and he said its 5/8". The space between the barrels on my ELs is about 1/16" narrower than that, so you're going to have to have a little wider interpupillary distance than me.

I still like how the kramer loads from the top rather than sliding the binos forward (or backward in the case of the ELs) into the adapter.

I have the Outsdoorsman, but they don’t permit the center of binos to be centered over the tripod center, which creates more head, neck, and upper body movement while panning(the longer the radius, the greater the circumference).

You can buy the OBA thing from kramer and attach your bino adapter to the one end and your tripod QR plate to the other. Not quite as seamless as the dedicated system, but it would solve the problem.

mvrk28

WKR
I love my Outdoorsman's. I wish I wouldn't have spent money on others that ultimately let me down before just spending the money on the Outdoorsman's.

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a Leupold hook and loop strap model in 2018 with the idea that I would save money. I ended up getting the Outdoorsmans adapter last year and, based on the enhanced performance/ease of use of the Outdoorsmans, that is where I should have started “to save money.”
Just out of curiosity what didn't you like about the Leupold bino adapter? The Outdoorsman adapter does look pretty good.

BAKPAKR

WKR
Just out of curiosity what didn't you like about the Leupold bino adapter? The Outdoorsman adapter does look pretty good.

The Leupold was bulkier and did not hold my binoculars as solidly as the Outdoorsmans does. There was always some up and down (tipping) play when I strapped my binos into the Leupold adapter. I did have to buy an Arca-Swiss type base for the Outdoorsmans adapter.

Graves14

WKR
I've tried a bunch and honestly, I like the Swarovski TA-SLC best. it is also the most expensive. The Outdoorsmans is excellent as well. The Field Optics is functional but no where near the quality of the other two stated. The Vortex screw in style is annoying to attach and detach over and over again, but its also only $20.

Now that's a neat idea...

Another option.

Rodéo

WKR
Another option.

Wondering how this compares with the RRS option in terms of being streamlined enough to fit in a bino harness comfortably and in terms of being able to free hand with the bino's without having to re-position your hand. Outdoorsmans seems a little bulkier from the pictures.

Can anyone speak to this?