Binocular Window mount

NYBackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know of a good truck window mount for summer glassing? I'll attach some 15s to it. Let me know if I need to provide more info.

Mosby

WKR
I have a Manfrotto window mount combined with an Outdoorsman bino stud.

muddydogs

WKR
For what a window mount does and how its used I just picked up a $20 to $30 Nikon mount, no since in spending a ton of cash since I don't care what it weights or even how smooth the head is really. I just use the window mount for a quick look but if things get serious I'm getting out of the pickup and setting up a tripod. Ever tried to get a decent look out the pickup window, if someone farts the optics move 2 inches not to mention being turned half a** in the seat fighting with the steering wheel gets old fast.

mcseal2

WKR
I use my Outdoorsmans pan head, window mount, and adapter to put my 15x Swaros on the window. It works pretty well. I have to twist in the seat a bit, but in my full size trucks it isn't a big deal. I'm usually not doing it for to long, minutes rather than hours. That set up lets me use my expensive pan head on both my tripod and window. My tripod has a quick attach on it for the pan head.

OP
NYBackcountry

NYBackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Anyone ever use vanguard equipment, their window mount is half off on camofire right now.

I’m curious how the pan head to tripod adapter attachments work. Generally speaking, can you attach any tripod adapter to any panhead? For example, could I attach a vanguard tripod adapter to a outdoorsman panhead?

OP
NYBackcountry

NYBackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
A few YouTube videos later and I answered my own question. Thanks guys.

OP
NYBackcountry

NYBackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
I grabbed the vanguard window mount and bino adapter. Picked up the window mount off camofire and the adapter on Amazon. I’ll keep you posted on how it works.

I don’t like to cheap out on gear but I figured I’ll use this for now and slowly pick up components of the outdoorsman system. Tough for me to justify the $300 panhead when i rarely glass from a tripod in my terrain (eastern whitetail). Almost always in the truck during the summer.