Binoculars in a HPG Kit Bag

Considering an HPG Kit bag purchase and am now looking at the recon and original. The recon seems simple enough to set up for binocular carry. I am wondering if the original has enough room in it to fit some large-ish 8x42 binos (Bushnell Legend M’s).

I have tried several other binocular harnesses, including AGC. None were very comfortable for me - I’m hoping that the larger footprint of the kit bag adds some comfort.

smithjd

FNG
I have a regular / original HPG runners kit bag. While my Vortex Fury AB’s will fit in the middle compartment, it is not ideal for regular use. And I didn’t even have a gat in the rear compartment. I wanted it to work because I need a way to carry a pistol and binos on the chest but I’m going to keep looking.

jolemons

WKR
I run recon with gun in kit and a molle pouch on front for 8x32s. Great hiking and shed hunting setup

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
C
Yeah, the recon setup is nice. I’m curious about the original bag. Thanks everyone so far for the feedback.

I don’t think it would work very well in the original bag that I have, I think to slim especially with the interior divider.

strand

Lil-Rokslider
I ran vortex viper 10x42 HD's for a few years in an HPG kit bag with a small pistol in the pocket closest to my chest and the binos in the other big pocket. Knife, emergency fire kit, first aid, and a few other small items also rode in there. Then I bought some Maven B2's and they still fit but it was too tight. I couldn't really use the rest of the room in the kit bag as I was used to and the length of the B2's sitting sideways in the bag was uncomfortable. I swapped to an FHF bino harness and dropped the pistol and first aid kit. I'll still pull out the kit bag when I want to carry and don't have a backpack with a waist belt.

I bought my kit bag in 2014, so that was pre-recon. The setup that Bcleck90 shared above looks interesting.

I tried the AGC harness for a season and didn't love it. Storage space was great but I couldn't get along with the harness.

I use a kit bag with the bino pouch attached like pictured above. It works well, not as compact as just a bino harness, but it's a lot more than just a harness. I frequently carry a 10mm in the kit bag, then my binos in the pouch. I like the inconspicuous nature of the kit bag.

Dwight2180

Lil-Rokslider
I have an original and my Leupold 10x42s don't really fit. I have their bino pouch on the way and will be getting a recon. Too bad ranger green and multicam recons aren't in stock right now.