Binoculars in the ~ 200 dollar price range

Hoodie

WKR
Unfortunately Styrka went out of business. This is why all of their stuff is on close out. It does not have any further warranty support. HERE is their website saying as much.

That´s very true, and a good thing to note.

I personally use refurbished Nikon Monarch HGs. I can´t use Nikon´s warranty (which Iḿ pretty sure sucks even if you buy new), but I got them for $540 instead of $1k. I guess it´s all risk/benefit analysis.

I picked up the Styrka thinking along the same lines.

For me, getting a good optic at half its usual retail value outweighs warranty concerns, especially when we´re talking about $250. If I was buying a $2k-$3k optic I´d feel very differently. I also keep my binos in a chest harness and do my best to baby them. I haven´t needed one serviced yet, knock on wood.

That said, there are plenty of other good options in that price range that will have coverage.

Last edited:

Rich M

WKR
Went out for mule deer in 2019. I had $500 binoculars from 2 yrs before. Buddies showed up with Leupold McKenzie line. We could see bedded deer more easily with the McKenzie's.

Nikon isn't bad - I always found them to be a little washed out color-wise. The folks I knew - everyone seemed to have a pair of Nikons for beater binoculars.

Anything HD should be better than no HD glass.

Firehawk

WKR
You can get the Diamondback 10x42 for less than $150 pretty regularly around these parts. Really good bino for the money. Seems that Doug at Cameraland NY had some Hawke binos a while back that were a really good buy in that range too. I would definitely give him a shout. He always takes care of the Roksliders.

I've got a pair of Nikon monarchs in that price range. I'm on my third set after sending them back to Nikon twice. Last time (2019) it took months to get them back, always some kind of customer service runaround. Yea, their warranty covered it but it was a lame experience. I pretty much just keep them in case I need an extra set for someone... or the vortex are also in for "repair".

Leave the Nikon on the shelf.

For $200 i would only be looking at porro prisms. I cant imagine how bad $200 roof prisms would be. For $200 budget, id get leopold Yosemite 8x30 and not even think twice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Az wildcat

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for vortex diamondbacks. For the price and if it is a kid, the warranty will help make them last.

Bump? Looking for a backup set to keep in the truck for my wife and kid

Alot of the previous suggestions names changed or I can't seem to find.

Last edited:

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it is our pleasure to assist in discussing different options and opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have a few moments

schmalzy

WKR

Vanguard Endeavours are the best bang for the Buck for my eyes.

has530

Lil-Rokslider
Vanguard Endeavours are the best bang for the Buck for my eyes.

I agree, and happen to have a pair listed in classifieds right now for exactly this price ;) (https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/vangaurd-endeavor-ed-ii-10x42.262372/#post-2588671). Letting them go as I upgraded to tract torics (which arrive tomorrow) and if those aren't what I need then it's off to cameraland for the kowa genesis. But for the price, they are tough to beat and one of the best feeling in my hand of anything at any price I have used.

jayhawk

WKR
I used those Vortex Diamondbacks for a few years before I upgraded. They're great glass for the money and I always keep them in my truck now.

If you are thinking of a smaller and lighter weight option this is a good review of several 8x32. The first five are at your price point. It’s a few years old but should provide a good start.

Blue72

WKR
Maven 7x28 are really nice, very easy on the eyes

nikon 8x trailblazers have awesome color rendition and sharpness and can be found for under $100. They perform way above their price point

Last edited:

Hornsrok

FNG
10x42 Vortex Diamondbacks, Maven C1, or Leupold BX-2 Alpine can all be found around $200 on sale at Bass Pro and Cabelas. Started using the Rakuten app someone suggested for purchases and can save up to 15% on top of sales at Bass Pro and Cabelas when they run specials.