binoculars vs spotting scope

tommy

FNG
new to the site and western hunting question is 15x56 binoculars(kabib or german made minox 15x56)or 22x48 vortex razor which would be the most useful on the typical elk hunt thanks for any input

Between those two, the 15's hands down. They'll be way better in low light and you won't have nearly as much eye strain since you'll be glassing with both eyes open.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
Both can have their place depending on the area but I would save your money and hunt first before you buy anything. You'll use 8x or 10x binos way more and if you don't have a good set in this power I would invest there and on a quality tripod setup even if just for the 8x or 10x's.

They are 2 different tools. Each have their own use. If you're new to huntin the west try a good pair of 8 or 10x like dot man said and glass off a tripod. If down the road you find that you're hunting big country and love glassing for hours then go for some 15x. They are an amazing tool but don't fit everybody's hunting style. If you do get some I'd skip the Kaibabs and look for the older minox 15x58. Less money and better glass.

OP
T

tommy

FNG
just bought a alpen rainier 20x60x85edhd spotting scope