Binos on a budget

AA Optics carries both factory refurbished and factory new. But the factory refurbished are so nice there isn't a reason to spend more money IMO.

Sounds great, they are really solid deals. Sounds like they will get my money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would recommend looking for a used pair of Vortex Vipers. With the Vortex Warranty, there is little risk in buying used Vortex glass.

I would recommend checking out Maven as well. I have Maven 8x32 C1's and Zeiss Conquest 10x42's. The Zeiss is definitely better glass but the Maven's sure do give them a run for their money.

Elcy

FNG
I have the Nikon Monarch 7's. If you watch ebay you can get them in the $300 range.

cmush

Lil-Rokslider
I run the Vortex Viper HD 10x50. Picked em up used and have been very happy with them.

I have the same pair and love them. Moved my cheap bushnells to the truck and I literally can’t use them anymore. The step up in glass was unreal. How I used them for two elk seasons is beyond me.

Lots of Maven fans here, I am sure they are good glass. I run Vortex Diamondback 10x50's and they have served me well for two years. Not the highest quality glass out there as far as clarity at dawn/dusk, but great glass if you are on a budget and you can't beat their warranty
Don’t do vortex

What nobody is telling you is that you will end up buying better glass later. Cheap binos will have you eating aspirin and once you check your buddy's better binos...you will upgrade. Better to start off treating glass like boots, get something great (finance if necessary) or save some more coin until you can afford it because optics are too important to the hunt. Trust me, I have 6 now.

Last edited:

Nuke Man

WKR
I've ran Vortex Viper HD in 10 X42 for years and thought they were the cats ass. I bought a cheaper pair of Nikon Prostaff 10 X42 to keep at the house for the wife. I hate to admit it, but I really like the Nikons better. Lighter and noticeably better clarity. Half the price of the Vortex too

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have the same pair and love them. Moved my cheap bushnells to the truck and I literally can’t use them anymore. The step up in glass was unreal. How I used them for two elk seasons is beyond me.
Don't ever look through a set of Swaros or Leicas then. It'll make you question why you bought so many pairs of lower tier glass first.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cmush

Lil-Rokslider
Don't ever look through a set of Swaros or Leicas then. It'll make you question why you bought so many pairs of lower tier glass first.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I have. For me the step from $100 Bushnells to the Viper HDs is greater than the step from the Viper HDs to the >$1000 anything. Obviously personal preference makes a difference and if I lived behind my glass I could easily justify the step up. But for now I'd rather spend that extra money towards practice ammo and other gear.

I have. For me the step from $100 Bushnells to the Viper HDs is greater than the step from the Viper HDs to the >$1000 anything. Obviously personal preference makes a difference and if I lived behind my glass I could easily justify the step up. But for now I'd rather spend that extra money towards practice ammo and other gear.

Exactly what you said here. I used to use a 35 dollar pair of big 5 binos, so that jump was unreal

FYT

Lil-Rokslider
I like my Celestron Trailseekers. My brother got them for me and at that time I knew nothing about Binos. He said he did a ton of research and felt as though Celestron was a really good budget option. I'm sure they have models closer to the $400 range that are nicer than mine, but the trailseekers are outstanding for a $200 bino in my opinion.