Binos vs spotter - with a twist

I know this topic is discussed in detail, however, my situation might lend itself to a different resolution - at any rate, I’m curious to know your thoughts.

In normal circumstances, I would probably get by with a nice pair of binos on a tripod for elk hunting, however, I have pretty poor vision in my left eye (and a strong right eye) which greatly impacts my ability to focus both lenses on the binoculars I currently use (a cheap Bear Creek 10x42).

Although I would probably still carry a pair of binos on my person for quick spotting, would it be worth it for me to invest in a nicer spotter for glassing sessions?

If anyone has an eye that is decidedly stronger than the other and has had a similar experience, I’d be very curious to know your solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I can not relate, I seem to recall opinions from some of the older crowd that better binocular quality especially helps their eyesight. Have you tried looking through some nice glass?

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Have you considered the Steiner AF series? Individual eye focus. You set each eye and you're done, no center focus

My new swaros have the ability to individually focuse a bit so the tech is definitely out there. Something you might look into

OP
WestTexasBestTexas
Now the issue is not so much with image focus, but my left eye also has a muscular deficiency which leaves me heavily favoring my right eye, even if my right eye is completely covered - I suspect that the individual image focus per lens would work if my left eye wasn’t both optically and muscularly compromised.

I will look at some higher end binos and see if that helps - can’t hurt just looking through a few pairs to see if they’ll work out or not. Was not aware of the higher end Swaro tech!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk