BioLite Headlamp 750 - Runs while charging from external USB power pack

I am looking to upgrade my lighting situation from the disposable walmart specials and get a quality light. I also just joined our county's SAR team so it's a good opportunity to get something that will work when I really need it to. For me, raw lumens is not as important as good color light, beam options, a red option, and long run time. I've read the reviews on Zebralight, Nitecore, Petzl, Princeton Tec, etc. but a new one that caught my eye is the BioLite 750. https://www.bioliteenergy.com/products/headlamp-750?variant=33014510682211

What's interesting is they claim it has a 3000mAh rear-mounted battery that also allows you to run the light from an external battery pack WHILE charging the rear battery. You could run the power cord from the rear battery into your pack and have no worries about running out of juice if you had something like a 10k-20k mAh power pack in there. I also like the rear red strobe capability.

Are there any other lights that let you run from a USB power pack if needed? Or am I overstating how useful that actually is compared to just carrying an extra 18650 battery or two? BioLite doesn't exactly scream backcountry rugged but more the hipster running and eco-conscious demographic, so some reliability concerns there too. MSRP $99 which is about the max I want to spend.

Headlamp-750_green_1200x1200.jpg

Last edited: