Bipod or sticks

chawes79

FNG
I have used both, but prefer the bipod. Steady and works well in the wind. Shot my lope at 345 yds this year.

Bearguide

FNG
I always have a bi-pod attached to my rifle when antelope hunting Harris bi pod with swivel 13-25 I think so I can get over the sage and brush. I also practice with it on whether on a bench or prone

I went with the Spartan bipod system and now have bought the adapter for my Tripod. I will not use a mounted bi pod anymore. Too heavy, pita on a sling if hiking. If I need a quick shot its off the pack. If I have time then I pop on the Spartan. If I need more height than that its bi pod on top of pack. Ive only shot one pronghorn off hand with a rifle in 30 years. Shot a few up close with a bow and that is way more fun!

djfergus

FNG
Harris bi-pod for 20+ years. Using your pack works great, sticks work great. I use the tallest bipod due to deep grass, few, if any prone shooting opportunities (of course, other than the last antelope I shot...was prone).
Same here, regular old Harris bipod.

I was just out in Wyoming last fall. If you do decide to go with a bipod, don't get a 6-9". You will need a taller one. If it were me, I would get one that will go to 13" and be able to shoot off of a tripod. The sage brush is taller than you think. Those two options will have you covered.
This guy has it figured out! Pretty much what I do.

Jimss

WKR
Just to reconfirm that your best option for shooting pronghorn in the howling Wyo wind is a prone shot as close to the ground as possible! I always stalk antelope with that in mind. If stalking in tall sage I don't take shots further than 200 yards. If I'm further than 200 yards in tall sage I likely have plenty of brush to hide behind that I can use to stalk to an opening where I can get a clear prone shot from the ground.

I would say 85% of the bucks I've harvested over the years has been shooting in the prone position off the ground with my rifle on top of my backpack. The higher you are off the ground the more prone you are to wounding or totally missing an antelope in the wind...which is almost every day where I hunt in Wyo!

Fireman03

Lil-Rokslider
Bipods are heavy and it always seems like you cant get setup correctly and need just a little more. Shooting sticks are lightweight and you can adjust them in all kinds of uneven terrain. You can also use them for resting binos on or a camera as well

cnelk

WKR
Bipod

Here's a little antelope buck trick that works with a bipod.
Turn you gun upside down and display it like an antelope buck rack.

A few years ago we were hunting does in Wyoming and saw this buck over 1/4 mi away.
We laid down in the grass and when the buck saw the bipod movement, he came running to us less than 100yds away.

Sorry for the crappy video and the wind, but you get the idea