Bipod Poll - Thunder Beast, Atlas, Harris or other?

Cost excluded, which bipod would you run?

• Total voters

mvrk28

WKR
As I have a new rifle coming in the next month or so, I'm starting to think about the other things I have to buy for it. Looking at bipods and I'm torn.

I'm not concerned about costs, if I am going to pay for something I want to make sure it is a quality product that will serve me for many years, so exclude cost as a factor. Just on quality alone, which would you pick?

Vaultman

WKR
I have an Atlas that I really like. I have the tall one, as the shorty is just to low for me.
The other one I would like to try out is the Spartan Javelin.

I use a Spartan Javelin...ran the mil rail connector on my elk, mule deer and antelope hunts this yr work great..wasnt a fan of that adapter catches on everything...ordered a gunsmith adapter as soon as I got home came yesterday will install this weekend...I have the 6" legs and the 24" legs...

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Atlas and a couple Harris. I definitely shot better off of the atlas. I like the spring loaded legs on the Harris better.

It’s hard to beat the quality of the Spartan line. I am using the Valhalla bipod. I really like it and have found it to be of great quality.

You can see my review here Spartan Valhalla Bipod Review/Questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv used the spartan, a few Harris with all the doo dads and now have an atlas cal long.

The spartan was a nice bipod but I didn’t like that it wasn’t always attached.
The Harris is okay cheap and deploys quick. I ended up sticking a boat load of money into it with feet, picatinny clamp and pod lock. Still have a short one that I use for range work.

I prefer the cal though. It’s 45* leg notch along with the long legs is great for in the field. I can get it pretty tall and also very low. The 45 notch makes it more versatile in the field imo. Helps too that’s it’s easy on/off and very sturdy.
I’d like to replace my short Harris with a short cal or TBAC eventually. Mainly for range work as I prefer the tall in the field. Part of the reason I didn’t choose the TBAC to begin with, no tall model and requires extensions
8FFFC677-BC5E-4A7A-8989-5E75F21AEEA8.jpegA1843565-5424-436D-8975-40F9806B0A5D.jpeg

Last edited:

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
I went thru this exercise earlier this year. Decided to try the Magpul bipod. Worked out pretty well and does what I need in a hunting bipod. Wish it was a little lighter, but do like having tilt and pan with it.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I've had spartans and wanted to love them but I hate the adapter, I hate that they just arent stable also.

Now its atlas all the way, I put a pic rail on a few of my rifles, the atlas can be used on all of them.

2five7

WKR
Hatch outwest for me. The various 6-9" bipods just aren't tall enough for most real world hunting conditions.