Bipod shooting Sticks - prone to sitting

Jakerex

WKR
Is there a bipod shooting stick to keep in the pack that will go low enough to shoot prone and tall enough to shoot sitting? Seems like everything I can find is sitting to standing height.
Don’t want to mount a bipod on the rifle.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foldable sticks on amazon. I have not used these, but I have these Bipod Shooting Sticks, but their website is down or he is out of the biz. You either fold a section or spread the legs to adjust the height.

Update: Just that is was reported that the owner of Bipod Shooting Sticks Sid Young passed away in 2017.

wytx

WKR
I know you don't want one but my bipod never leaves my rifle and my Harris is perfect for prone and sitting shots.

Fatcamp

WKR
I know you don't want one but my bipod never leaves my rifle and my Harris is perfect for prone and sitting shots.

Ya, the weight sucks but never having to wonder how to support a rifle makes up for it.

Gila

WKR
Ya, the weight sucks but never having to wonder how to support a rifle makes up for it.
Once you mount and hunt with a bipod you wonder how ya did without it. Lately I have had standing, hurry up shots on elk for some reason. Just where I have been hunting I guess. Also I have been using a pack stool to sit against trees. If I am going to stand up or sit in a low chair, I use my bog pod which will fit inside a full size pack or mounts on the outside of the pack. Quite versatile really as you can add different heads to it and light weight. Much more stable than a bipod. Works for me anyway.

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
Go to your local camping store and buy two shock cord tent poles. Add a couple castration bands and you have collapsible shooting sticks. Or use your trekking poles...no need to pack extra stuff that way. There are also supports that hang off a tripod leg made by primos that are simple and can ride in a back pocket until needed. My short trigger stick tripod can accommodate most prone shots as well as kneeling/ sitting. Lots of options available

idahodave

WKR
Wiser quick-sticks turn my trekking poles into awesome shooting sticks, and a Spartan Javelin bipod on my waist belt for prone shots at distance.

That combo is as as light, functional as is possible imho.

Dave

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Dumb question, but how much does a rifle mounted bipod interfere with carrying a rifle traditionally with a sling over the shoulder? If it does at all. With a pack on?

Fatcamp

WKR
Dumb question, but how much does a rifle mounted bipod interfere with carrying a rifle traditionally with a sling over the shoulder? If it does at all. With a pack on?

Most of us use Kifaru Gunbearer.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Wonder why nobody makes shouting sticks specifically to be used in the range of prone to sitting?