Bipod suggestions

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
What is the best bipod to run on a rifle? The javelin looks great for the weight but read some not so great things. Any others that are nice for a hunting rifle?

fatbacks

WKR
I have the Javelin from Spartan Precision. I like it for backcountry hunts because it weighs nothing. It has zero point of impact shift with all rifles I use it on. Downside is you have to carry it in your pocket or somewhere other than attached to your rifle.

I recently purchased the Harris BRM S for my chassis rifle - pretty slick compared to my older Harris bipods. I like the different adjustment levels for the legs. Considering running it on my hunting rifles when weight is less of a concern.

hwy1strat

WKR
I have a javelin bipod and it really frustrates me. It has been demoted to my coyote gun. I will say that the lightness originally attracted me but I think there is too much play in it to be a really effective bipod. I also thought that having to carry it off the rifle was going to be a good thing, but that has proven to be more of an issue than anything else for me. I use a swivel harris or an atlas. I think the harris is the perfect hunting bipod. The atlas has more features but it hank they are necessary for most hunting situations. The harris deploys much faster than the atlas which is why I use it on my hunting rifles now. I have heard great things about the Mod Evolution bipods but the next bipod I get will be the Rugged ridge extreme pod. That one really has my interest right now.

BadDogPSD

WKR
Modular Evolution and Atlas are both very good. Thunderbeast Arms has a new bipod about to hit the market that is getting high praise from those that have had a chance to play with them.

Lawnboi

WKR
Really liking the 45 degree option on the atlas. My wife gifted me an atlas cal gen 2 tall. Until now I had a few Harris and a javelin tall. In the field the tall is great; but at times can be too much, especially at the bench. With the 45 degree legs I can get low, and go really tall. The atlas is also very stable, and weighs just as much as my Harris tall model. I like having adjustment up by the head instead of reaching down in the weeds for adjustment. I haven’t had this long so time will tell but so far I like it.

I personally was not the biggest fan of the javelin. It has its place, just prefer something always on the gun.
7F64F0F1-EA53-450D-AE3F-EE3FEE2502E6.jpeg4026A3AB-59F8-4F6B-9EEA-DFA9CF7C4AD0.jpeg

V-TRAIN

WKR
I like the looks of the Atlas, think I will get one of those. I bought a Spartan and a extra set of legs last year. After playing around with it I sold it, I was not crazy about it. I ended up using a Snipepod instead. I sold that after the season.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I had a javelin and sold it, ended up with another one I got in a trade and decided to give it another chance. So far, for what it is, it seems pretty good but I don’t think it can really hang with an atlas or a rugged ridge for stability.

for me, I figure I’ll hold on to this javelin because I think it’s fairly functional but I can absolutely see why somebody wouldn’t like it, I guess it’s got a very specific purpose, it’s meant to be light for mountain hunting and that’s what I’ll use it for.

If you get an atlas, get one with the non rotating legs.

notradame

Lil-Rokslider
I have a savage 10ba 6.5 creedmoor. From what I've read best results are coming from 140 grain bullet with 44 grains of powder. My lil booklet says 34 grains of powder for the max load. ( I just reloaded n shot my first 50 shells today) they done ok but wanting to follow what I'm reading is the preferred load. I'm NEW to all this. Wanting to stay safe. Thank you any info n help greatly appreciated.

BigHink66

FNG
The best advice I can give you is to read your reloading manual, do some research online about reloading, then if needed ask questions online.

but when you do, he sure to post them in the right spot. Based on what you posted, I don't think your quite ready to start loading.

archp625

WKR
Really liking the 45 degree option on the atlas. My wife gifted me an atlas cal gen 2 tall. Until now I had a few Harris and a javelin tall. In the field the tall is great; but at times can be too much, especially at the bench. With the 45 degree legs I can get low, and go really tall. The atlas is also very stable, and weighs just as much as my Harris tall model. I like having adjustment up by the head instead of reaching down in the weeds for adjustment. I haven’t had this long so time will tell but so far I like it.

I personally was not the biggest fan of the javelin. It has its place, just prefer something always on the gun.
View attachment 175787View attachment 175789
I’m with you. Atlas is the only way to go. I use the CAL gen 2 as well.

Hoopes

FNG
I’m not to picky on the brand of bipod but I would make sure it has the ability to swivel.

T28w

WKR
Ok I’m new to the bipods. When people talk about a Harris, are they referring to just a Harris style or an actual harris brand.

ckleeves

WKR
Ok I’m new to the bipods. When people talk about a Harris, are they referring to just a Harris style or an actual harris brand.

More then likely a actual Harris, all the Harris knock offs I have seen have been junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carter33

WKR
I have a spartan javelin that I love to use on my barret fieldcraft in 6.5CM. Keeps the package very light and it provides plenty of support for the 6.5CM. I have found with larger cartridges though it is harder to control the recoil with the javelin compared with my atlas PSR bipod so I run that on my lightweight 300winmag.