Bipod vs. tripod. Worth it to carry both?

Sds250

FNG
Use to do shooting sticks for sitting etc. Now tripods. Arca swiss on my rifles, base plate on my spotting scope. Have a couple two veg tripods, leupold, and bog pod infinite ( great buy for the money imo ).

ID_Matt

WKR
Leofoto makes some good options at a more reasonable price for shooting. I have used some of the heavier ones for competition shooting but recently got a SA-324C with the MA-30L head. It is AWESOME to shoot off of and not too bad to glass off of. I will admit it is a direct chinese copy of the Anvil 30 - but I bought the tripod and head for $450 as a package so I am not going to complain!

Davisjj8

Lil-Rokslider
I'm thinking about a tripod over a bipod for Lanai axis deer hunting, there just aren't tons of opportunites for prone off a bipod shots due to vegetation. A tripod I think would be ideal for seated or standing shots over the vegetation, but a tripod that's able to get short enough to bipod height for those possible prone shots with a large available footprint would be ideal. Does that exist out there for a more reasonable price than the $1100 Spartan option?
The tricer AD would be a great option

The tricer AD would be a great option
Forgot about this thread, I actually wound up with an Aziak tripod and Tricer head, haven’t shot off it yet though, as the little Spartan Lite bipod setup with the magnetic attachment has been a nice little piece of shooting kit. I also haven’t found myself needing a tripod for any axis or goat hunting either, furthest I’m looking at something is probably 500 yards max.

Davisjj8

Lil-Rokslider
Forgot about this thread, I actually wound up with an Aziak tripod and Tricer head, haven’t shot off it yet though, as the little Spartan Lite bipod setup with the magnetic attachment has been a nice little piece of shooting kit. I also haven’t found myself needing a tripod for any axis or goat hunting either, furthest I’m looking at something is probably 500 yards max.
Spartan bipods are killer. I’ve been trying to decide whether or not to keep going out with a bipod or just go full tripod, so this thread was perfect for what I was looking for.