Bipod

how many of you are running a bipod on backpack style hunts? Is it worth the weight? I never have but I’m considering it.

ChrisAU

WKR
I used my KDC Granite bipod with the 3L 3rd leg conversion. Bipod and tripod all in one, spotted the bull in my avatar through binos on the tripod and a few seconds later shot him with the bipod attached to my rifle, sitting position. 7.7 oz total weight. Worked great.

I use a Hatch Outdoors bipod. Wouldn't go without it. Doesn't matter how light your setup is if you can't make the shot...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Depends on the terrain. If it’s alpine or desert, then yes, pack a bipod. For everything else, figure out a way to attach your rifle to a tripod. If you do pack a bipod....the Thunder Beast Arms bipod is worth a look.

RazzleDazzle

Lil-Rokslider
My bi-pod collects dust. Not worth the weight. I shoot better without it. I've found I can create a more comfortable/stable platform with my pack and jackets than i can with my bi-pod.

Yup pack a javelin, buddies pack Harris. If you plan or are willing to shoot 300 yards or further, a bipod is well worth the little extra weight.
The javelin is nice because I can keep it in my belt pouch or pants pocket and snap it on almost instantly. I’m not a fan of the twist lock legs however

Varminterror

Lil-Rokslider
I do most of my hunting from a monopod shooting stick, when pack hunting, I have the option of using a hiking pole as a monopod or both as shooting sticks - AND use my spotting tripod with an ARCA mount. I shoot off of a bipod a LOT, and if the weight isn’t an issue, I do like having a short bipod installed to act like a kickstand to keep my rifle out of mud or wet grass, but the opportunity to make use of them in the field is pretty limited. Honestly, on my last mountain hunt this fall, I didn’t take a bipod, but took roughly the equivalent weight in a WieBad mini fortune cookie.

These things are amazing. They get you far more shooting positions and angles than any other bipod I've seen. Everything from prone to kneeling for me.

eadfc39c5277b37032f6aa09f059235c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Having some kind of support system is well worth it. All the clothes, electronics, rifles and scopes doesn't mean much if the bullet doesn't end up in the right spot . Making the steady shot is all that matters.

I'm not sure if you've heard about the ultra lightweight carbon products from Spartan Precision Equipment? I'm a rep for them, so if there's any way I can help you out or answer questions feel free to hit me up 👍

Having some kind of support system is well worth it. All the clothes, electronics, rifles and scopes doesn't mean much if the bullet doesn't end up in the right spot . Making the steady shot is all that matters.

I'm not sure if you've heard about the ultra lightweight carbon products from Spartan Precision Equipment? I'm a rep for them, so if there's any way I can help you out or answer questions feel free to hit me up 👍

I’m interested in going with this setup for a new gun I’m building to cut some weight. I’d been looking at the rugged ridge but this may be the ticket. Nosler M48 long range carbon in 28 nosler. Are you able to put the tac legs (if they come back in stock) on the pro hunt model? Any help is appreciated

wyosam

WKR

I'm not sure if you've heard about the ultra lightweight carbon products from Spartan Precision Equipment? I'm a rep for them, so if there's any way I can help you out or answer questions feel free to hit me up

Spartan bipods are perfect for this. I never had any interest in packing a bipod on a hunting rifle until I found them. Now pretty much all my rifles have an adapter sunk into the stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm running an Atlas this year think its 13 oz. Quick detach, it wont be on my rifle while hiking. If I have time for a prone shot, I have 10 seconds to attach it on my arca+pic rail. Prone shot w/ bipod at 440 yards worked well for a spot and stalk style cow elk last year.

macjensen

FNG
I'm running an Atlas this year think its 13 oz. Quick detach, it wont be on my rifle while hiking. If I have time for a prone shot, I have 10 seconds to attach it on my arca+pic rail. Prone shot w/ bipod at 440 yards worked well for a spot and stalk style cow elk last year.
Using the Atlas PSR as well. Love it especially with the quick detach pic rail mount. Able to run the same bipod on 4 of my rifles.

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Spartan bipods are perfect for this. I never had any interest in packing a bipod on a hunting rifle until I found them. Now pretty much all my rifles have an adapter sunk into the stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the shout-out Wyosam! Our boss Rob has been busy inventing like a mad man. Keep an eye out for some new products we're launching this year. One is called the Ascent System....

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’m interested in going with this setup for a new gun I’m building to cut some weight. I’d been looking at the rugged ridge but this may be the ticket. Nosler M48 long range carbon in 28 nosler. Are you able to put the tac legs (if they come back in stock) on the pro hunt model? Any help is appreciated

You sure can screw the Tac leg into a Pro Hunt bipod. They should be back in stock soon. Got to this link, and type your email where it says to notify you when it's available.