Bipods worth the weight?

recurveman

Lil-Rokslider
To me a bipod is a must. I like to be able to put my rifle down on my bipod instead of just putting it on the ground. If I end up shooting from it then fine but I use it more as a kickstand than a shooting platform. Now that I think about it......I rarely shoot critters from a bipod. Mostly use my pack, rock, jacket, ect.

neut

FNG
I didn't run a bipod on my rifle last season and wish I had. I'll be running the Spartan Javelin on my rig for my next mountain hunt. Got to handle a friends kimber 280ai with the spartan and it is a nice piece. Well worth the $

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I didn't run a bipod on my rifle last season and wish I had. I'll be running the Spartan Javelin on my rig for my next mountain hunt. Got to handle a friends kimber 280ai with the spartan and it is a nice piece. Well worth the $

Thanks for the kind words about the Javelin bipod. I'm a Rep for Spartan, so if I can answer any questions or help you get an order going please feel free to message me and I'd be happy to help you.

Bipod is totally one of those things that sucks the entire hunt but is awesome when you finally need it. My setup was pushing 10 pounds with the Harris so I finally bailed and went back to no bipod. I mostly try to get in under 300 yards though. If I was going to be shooting 500 plus, bipod would be prudent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antlerz

Lil-Rokslider
Personal decision that should be based on how you practice. Personally always shot off bags and always have a pack on my back to use as a rest. Even target practice LR is done off bags. Just another skill set to master but definitely possible to get great results consistently.