Bipods

What is everyone running for bipods. Make model etc.

Struggling to find something I like. Looking around Tiptop bipods seemed like a solid make for the money and weight, got excited and then realized they are no longer making them.

Curious what everyone's thoughts are for a long range hunting setup.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Broz

WKR
Don't settle for a light weight flimsy unit when you need it to be rock solid. The modular Evolution with the spikes is a bipod you can trust to be stable when you need it. We have been using them for several years now, we have tested many, nothing matched the Mod Evo.

Jeff

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
Harris Bipod - Not the lightest or sexiest.... But it just works. Every time. From 100 yards out to 900 in my experience. Hard to be beat for around $100.

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Don't settle for a light weight flimsy unit when you need it to be rock solid. The modular Evolution with the spikes is a bipod you can trust to be stable when you need it. We have been using them for several years now, we have tested many, nothing matched the Mod Evo.

Jeff
Broz, what do you like about the mod evo more than the harris or atlas bipods? Can’t make up my mind as to which I should go with of the three.

I've been running the Extreme Pod from Rugged Ridge Outdoor Gear for a few seasons now. It's light easy to use and it has served me well.

DRUSS

WKR
well if your like some of us you will end up with a few to find what suits your needs.
I have a couple Harris, a Javelin, Modular Evolution, Rugged Ridge. I really like my javelin, but true rigid, tough, and stable it comes to the Mod Evo or Rugged Ridge for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Looking to get a new one myself. Torn between atlas and modular evolution. Been around them both and know I really cant go wrong but still struggling to make up my mind.

Jardo

WKR
There are some knockoff atlas bipeds on Amazon. Not as tight as the atlas but I have a couple I use on several ARs. I think I paid $22.

Wouldn’t use them for long range hunting but they are good enough for farting around with an AR

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TreyPound

FNG
I have an Atlas on my rifle..But I would rather shoot off my day pack?
Squish it to the shape you need at the time.

Trr15

WKR
I picked up a javelin bipod a few months back and have been really impressed with it so far. It’s super light and rock solid. Quick setup/disconnect and takes up very little space in the pack. Looking forward to using it this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broz

WKR
Broz, what do you like about the mod evo more than the harris or atlas bipods? Can’t make up my mind as to which I should go with of the three.
I find the EVO to have less slop than an Atlas fore and aft, especially when you add the Atlas leg extensions. The Evo has a choice of many leg lengths, awesome spikes, and I can go from prone to long legs for sitting in seconds. The EVO pod lock is so far ahead of the Atlas I wont even consider the Atlas. The Harris would be the second choice of these 3. I still have one with Morse spikes added. But I prefer the quick change and rail mount of the EVO over the Harris and the leg change mentioned.

I recently bought several Vanguard "Q-2" bipods on camofire for $60 a piece - some new engineering on the old Harris style that I find so far to be better and every bit as stable as an Harris I've ever used

JP100

WKR
Harris, its the bipod everything else is measured against.

I dont usually use a bipod, but use a harris alot with clients.
Seen all kinds of new designs and none are as simple or effective as the Harris

Harris, its the bipod everything else is measured against.

I dont usually use a bipod, but use a harris alot with clients.
Seen all kinds of new designs and none are as simple or effective as the Harris
Ya might want to check out these new Vanguards before judging ….

WRO

WKR
I find the EVO to have less slop than an Atlas fore and aft, especially when you add the Atlas leg extensions. The Evo has a choice of many leg lengths, awesome spikes, and I can go from prone to long legs for sitting in seconds. The EVO pod lock is so far ahead of the Atlas I wont even consider the Atlas. The Harris would be the second choice of these 3. I still have one with Morse spikes added. But I prefer the quick change and rail mount of the EVO over the Harris and the leg change mentioned.

What he said, they rock..