Bipods

How many people are packing a Bipod with them? They are a lot of extra weight but is it worth it at crunch time? If not what's your go to for a dead rest in the back country?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stoney Point Rapid Pivot Bipod is very solid and weighs about 6 ounces. I would use that while shooting prone off of my pack. For long range shooting they are worth the weight.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I also use the Rapid Pivot. Nice piece of kit. Inexpensive, lightweight, functional. Not much on the "Cons" list.

tstowater

WKR
I have yet to use it on a shot, but I carry a Snipepod. More of a backup than anything. Last elk was shot off a big rock, have used backpacks, outfitter's shooting sticks, etc. Give me a solid rest that I can get comfortable with and success rate goes up big time. Caveat, if shooting off a rock, make sure that the bullet clears the rock. Got a really bad memory about that.

OP
flatlander51
Was looking at the snipe pods and had a couple of questions. What size are u guys and gals useing and also can u use a sling with it?

seand

Lil-Rokslider
I carry the stony point v rest its like $12 and has a 1/4-20 screw. Its the same head that goes on the stony point rests. I have it on a quick change plate for my slik mini tripod. It goes down to 9" or so so you can ise ot to shoot prone. I like it better than aa stock mounted tripod which is heavy. If you already carry a spotter/smal tripod i think its a good system.