Birds in the Owyhee

IdahoElk

So the game bird population in central Idaho has plummeted the last few years although I have been able to find some Quail and Huns my Munsterlander buddy Adler thinks I'm a stinky owner and asked me to put some feelers out about the Owyhee's. Anyone have experience hunting there?
Thanks for any info

Wasdensid82

Birds are there. A fire a few years ago hurt the bird numbers. they asked hunters to avoid the area for a year or two. I went back out there this year thinking the numbers would be good but I only saw a few. I’m uncertain if the numbers are down or maybe after the fire the birds have just found different places to hang around compared to where I used to find them.

Salmonchaser

Birds are there. A fire a few years ago hurt the bird numbers. they asked hunters to avoid the area for a year or two. I went back out there this year thinking the numbers would be good but I only saw a few. I’m uncertain if the numbers are down or maybe after the fire the birds have just found different places to hang around compared to where I used to find them.
We’re going down next weekend give them another chance. 4 guys, five pointers a lab and a Golden we should find something.

GregB

So the game bird population in central Idaho has plummeted the last few years although I have been able to find some Quail and Huns my Munsterlander buddy Adler thinks I'm a stinky owner and asked me to put some feelers out about the Owyhee's. Anyone have experience hunting there?
Thanks for any info

Sent you a PM Idaho Elk.