Bison hunt in Grand Canyon NP

mlob1one

WKR

Has anyone read this post? It says they're looking for individuals, but there are a few things that do not jive with me and raise serious questions.

- 12 hunters over 5 weeks are to kill 200 bison. That's sixteen per individual or 2-4 per day.

- With the amount of game I process every year, I'm thinking this will require a team of 12 to pack out, breakdown, and get hanging this amount of meat.

- Given the temps at that time of year, I would also want a refrigerated box truck to handle the hanging or broken down meat so none of it spoils.

- BTW, it's right during elk season and application period opens NEXT WEEK for 48 hours. https://www.azbisonstewards.com

I see this as a team effort that I would be more than happy to pitch in and contribute to for the experience, meat, and comraderie. I can cut and pack, I don't need to be on the trigger.

Thoughts?

- Mike

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
M

mlob1one

WKR
Never mind. One bison per team is ridiculous.

OP
M

mlob1one

WKR

Has anyone read this post? It says they're looking for individuals, but there are a few things that do not jive with me and raise serious questions.

- 12 hunters over 5 weeks are to kill 200 bison. That's sixteen per individual or 2-4 per day.

- With the amount of game I process every year, I'm thinking this will require a team of 12 to pack out, breakdown, and get hanging this amount of meat.

- Given the temps at that time of year, I would also want a refrigerated box truck to handle the hanging or broken down meat so none of it spoils.

- BTW, it's right during elk season and application period opens NEXT WEEK for 48 hours. https://www.azbisonstewards.com

I see this as a team effort that I would be more than happy to pitch in and contribute to for the experience, meat, and comraderie. I can cut and pack, I don't need to be on the trigger.

Thoughts?

- Mike

First application is for shooters. They will have future volunteer application for packers.

"Future volunteer removal operations will be announced on a later date and will require a separate volunteer application."