Bitten by stamps!

So, I went out and bought a suppressor for a 22 and 17. It was my first one and super pumped. That was mid October, yep haven’t even picked it up yet. Today I got a call that the hybrid was back in stock. Well crap, what do you do? I go buy the stamp for that one. Sure glad my wife doesn’t pay attention to these things.... Cant wait, again.

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
Already have a can for my 22s, and waiting on a stamp for my Hybrid 46.
Going to drop off my 308 with the gunsmith tomorrow to cut and thread the barrel.
Heck, I am even considering having him thread my Ruger #1 in 338WM.

I thought I was a 1 and done with an TB ultra 7 30 cal, i now have that one + a TB ultra 5 + TB 22 take down....and the ultra 338 is on the short list as well.

So yeah. It’s addicitng and I understand.

OP
C
Like I said, I’m super pumped but I hope these will be it. The two cover everything I have and will most likely but a few caps to for the hybrid To match the caliber. This while wait thing is terrible.

dbransco

FNG
Like I said, I’m super pumped but I hope these will be it. The two cover everything I have and will most likely but a few caps to for the hybrid To match the caliber. This while wait thing is terrible.
The wait is tough to stomach, but good chance it won’t be your last. I said the same on my first and now have 3. And I am looking again!

I thought I was a 1 and done with an TB ultra 7 30 cal, i now have that one + a TB ultra 5 + TB 22 take down....and the ultra 338 is on the short list as well.

So yeah. It’s addicitng and I understand.
Sounds like my experience somewhat. I ordered a TBAC 22TD first, then a month later I ordered an Ultra-9. Thought that would be it. Well now I own those two, as well as an Ultra-7 and 338 Ultra. Plus I'm 10 months into my wait for an Ultra-5 so should be getting approved within the near future.

dbransco

FNG
Sounds like my experience somewhat. I ordered a TBAC 22TD first, then a month later I ordered an Ultra-9. Thought that would be it. Well now I own those two, as well as an Ultra-7 and 338 Ultra. Plus I'm 10 months into my wait for an Ultra-5 so should be getting approved within the near future.
Good choices on TBAC! I have 2 (30BA & 338 Ultra). Can’t beat them!

JG358

WKR
I know lots of people that said I'm only gonna get one but I dont know anyone thats stopped at one.... just sayin.

Ratbeetle

WKR
I know lots of people that said I'm only gonna get one but I dont know anyone thats stopped at one.... just sayin.

This guy right here. Until the buffoons at the ATF can get their s**t together, I'm done. Screw waiting a year for something that you should be able to walk out of the store with after a NICS check.

Exactly what I did, but in reverse order. Hybrid first, loved it, so went for a rimfire one next. The hybrid works great on the 9mm, 6.5, .300BO, and I'm fixin to load up some subs for the .458 socom. The accessories for the various calibers are expensive is about my only gripe about it.

Damn shame about that canoe tipping over with all of them in it.

dbransco

FNG
This guy right here. Until the buffoons at the ATF can get their s**t together, I'm done. Screw waiting a year for something that you should be able to walk out of the store with after a NICS check.
I agree and I hate the thought of the wait again, but it’s better to get them while you can I guess. With the direction the political climate is heading, I don’t think it’s too unreasonable to think the ability may be taken at some point.

JG358

WKR

The buffoons at BATFE have their shit right where they want it. Personally, I don't even think we should have to do a background for a titanium/inconel tube but it kinda is what it is at this point. Plenty of stupid rules that go along with cool toys but I think the benefits of class 3 devices are well worth the hassle.

Ratbeetle

WKR
The buffoons at BATFE have their shit right where they want it. Personally, I don't even think we should have to do a background for a titanium/inconel tube but it kinda is what it is at this point. Plenty of stupid rules that go along with cool toys but I think the benefits of class 3 devices are well worth the hassle.

I'm sure they do. We'll agree to disagree on the benefits being worth the hassle. I love my can but I can get as much ear pro as I can handle whenever I want without jumping through a year's worth of hoops.

The govt loves that sweet tax stamp money. If guys would stop lining up to wait a year, ATF would get that processed streamlined super quick. They're not giving up those funds.

JG358

WKR
I hear ya. I just look at it as an hour or maybe two of jumping hoops and then they call me in 6-12 months to pick it up. It wasn't much quicker a process before they got popular.

On the other hand, They haven't raised the stamp cost with inflation and/or the devaluation of the US dollar over the years either. Think of what it would cost if they were really after the money. People would probably still be lining up even if the stamps were equal to the cost of the device.

OP
C
I’m hopeful I can stop at the 2 cans but have seen the bug in action with friends of mine. I think the availability is going to get a lot tougher in the future but hope I’m wrong.

I’m hopeful I can stop at the 2 cans but have seen the bug in action with friends of mine. I think the availability is going to get a lot tougher in the future but hope I’m wrong.
Exactly why I am buying what I can now. I agree with everyone above on how its silly that something that is not a threat to anyone shouldn't be easier to gain access too, but it is what it is. I certainly do not see it getting cheaper or easier to obtain one in the future.

Good choices on TBAC! I have 2 (30BA & 338 Ultra). Can’t beat them!

Super jealous of your 338 Ultras! I was watching on Black Friday hoping TBAC would run a small sale or something to push me over the edge into buying one, but I didn't see anything. Its on the short list. Those things are so quiet with smaller rounds like the 6.5 and .308!

dbransco

FNG
Super jealous of your 338 Ultras! I was watching on Black Friday hoping TBAC would run a small sale or something to push me over the edge into buying one, but I didn't see anything. Its on the short list. Those things are so quiet with smaller rounds like the 6.5 and .308!

keep an eye out for the 100% off certificates. I got into mine at $800.

OP
C
Went and filled out the paper work today. Hopefully this one is approved before January 2021. I have plans for a hunt that I would like to use it on.