Bitterroot Turkeys

MTHunter20

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys. Just wondering if there’s any other Bitterroot folks here that might have some tips for finding spring turkeys on public. There’s so much private here and that’s the only place I ever see them. Is knocking on doors your best bet or will they head up into national forest land? Is it worth trying the FAS’s or do they get overrun with people? I grew up hunting turkeys in TN but it’s different here. Feel free to private message me too. I appreciate any help anyone’s willing to give.

If anyone has any advice to give OP please take it to the PM's for your own sake, Montana is about to be overrun with Southern turkey hunters this year as I have kept a keen eye on forums, Facebook groups. Thank you THP!

Sorry OP for not having any good information, just wanted to throw this out there not only because I care about resident hunters. But also I may be one very soon as I have a job offer in Billings.

Hey everyone! I have the same question as MTHunter20. This is going to be my first-year turkey hunting as a Montana resident, and I love the Bitterroot valley. Far and away my favorite part of the state, and I would be out there every weekend if I had the gas money. That being said, elk district 250 looks especially appealing to me for turkeys. My hunch is that it's too far back in the mountains to have many turkeys, but it seems like it would be an awesome hunt if there was any that far back there. If anyone sees who lives in the Bitterroot valley, first off, congratulations, but second, I would love to get some general turkey advice for that valley or just info about the area in general. Not looking for your favorite hunting spots! Just want to get some info before I make the trek out there this Spring.

Down past Connor. Towards sula. 250. Lots!
No way! Man, that gets me pretty pumped for that hunt. It's like killing a good mountain bull. Sure, the ones in the breaks are usually a good bit bigger, but for me, you can't beat the story of a good mountain hunt.