Bitzenburger Offset Markings

Jetsail

FNG
Just got a Bitz with a straight clamp. Looking to build some arrows with AAE Max Stealth vanes on gold tip hunter Xts. Does anyone have any tips for marking the jig for specific degrees of offset for repeatability. I done a few arrows already just not 100% sure if its where it needs to be. Would it be more beneficial to get the right helical clamp and use less of an offset?

Gumbo

WKR
Once you get it set just draw a line with a extra fine sharpie across each of the rotating pieces (John Dudley tip). If you have another arrow that needs a different offset make a new line with in a different color. Personally, I have three jigs, each set for a specific arrow, that way I don't have to mess with my settings.

Gumbo

WKR
Also, I shoot .204 diameter arrows and use as much offset with a helical clamp that I can still get good contact with. I would recommend starting with as much, or nearly as much offset as you can get in either straight or helical. The thing with the helical clamp on a bitz is that while there is some twist in the clamp, it isn't a whole lot, especially with shorter vanes, hence the reason to offset them to increase spin.

Here's a method for figuring out the approximate offset angle of a Bitz if you don't mind doing a little measuring and calculating: