Bivouac Backland

Mtn_Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have an experience with the Bivouac Backland recurve or longbow? Looking for a fairly durable bow that I dont have to worry about beating up or damaging like I do my wood bow.

milunchbox

Lil-Rokslider
If you live close to him he will let you shoot them, they are in Michigan. People have had good things to say about them.

GLB

WKR
I just got mine yesterday. Setting it up and going through the tuning process now. I’ll have more info later. So far all good.

Kentucky

WKR
I had one.. it was a nice riser, felt good, I sold it.. wish I had of kept it..

ffemt94

Lil-Rokslider
Had one and sold it not due to lack of quality, I just found I didn’t like ILF bows. They are super awesome to talk with and they build a great bow. I have a shorter draw but felt like it drew and shot beautifully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't had much to do with them but was hanging out with a mate recently who owns one. He was shooting it around camp and I had a few shots as well. I've never held a riser like that before but it was really nice and forgiving to shoot. It was also pretty quiet which surprised me. If I was in the market for a bow of that style I'd buy one without hesitation.

bobinmi

WKR
jim belcher has forgotten more about bow building than most of us will ever know. The backland is as good as it gets for an ILF longbow riser. I'll be picking one up this winter. Had a chance to shoot one with recurve limbs and was very impressed. I think it will be just the ticket for longbow limbs.

Really like mine. Had it for a few months now. Very easy to shoot and very quiet. I've not had any quality issues with the riser or longbow limbs. If you're looking for an ILF longbow I'd definitely recommend the Backland.