Bivouac bows Union Jack longbow

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Does anybody have one of these? I’d like to add a long bow to my collection and this one sort of caught my eye. I know there are cheaper bows out there but I don’t want to spend 200 dollars just to spend 700 later.

Any experience with this bow or other longbows similar to it?

Thanks!!!

It is a hill style bow - haven't shot one but I like that style (straight limbs). A lot of people used to shooting light arrows complain that they are 'shocky' in the hand, but that is usually a form issue (grip/bow hand) in my experience.

A hill style bow with woodies is just a beautiful thing. Just don't have your expectations set for a super fast bow shooting carbons. "It ain't about speed"

oldgoat

WKR
Never heard of them. I'm not a D-Shaped longbow guy, if I was wanting a D-Shape, I'd buy another Toelke! Buy used if you don't know if you like something but want to try one.

Ddog

WKR
Jim Belcher is the bowyer and this is his latest company name. I haven't shot one, but I got to handle a few models at Elm Hall Stickbow Shoot here in MI last year. Always heard great things about his bows and the Union Jack is a flagship model that people seem to love.