Bivystick.....anyone noticed this?

krist003

Lil-Rokslider
Hmmm, I've been looking for something like this. I don't get out nearly as much as i'd like, so I don't want a monthly subscription when I only need it for a few hunting trips a year. SPOT and GPS are not worth it for my use. Thanks for the heads up!

OXN939

WKR
Wonder what next work it is running on?

These guys are running on the Iridium network. Always gotta see how a product fares in the real world, but this one looks promising. I talked with a representative for the company, and unfortunately, they won't have units selling til September- two weeks after my AK Caribou hunt. If anyone is selling a Garmin Inreach Mini, let me know.

krist003

Lil-Rokslider
I am very interested in this too. The biggest advantage of this for me is the ability to turn on or off service as you like. If you only need it for two months then you can just pay for the service for those two months.
Correct me if I’m wrong but everything else requires a year long subscription. Lots of other things I like about it too but that was a big one for me.

Edit: I was corrected. Garmin does offer a monthly freedom plan with a $25/yr yearly subscription fee

Last edited:
I can't see iridium allowing access without some fee.

I have the garmin inreach mini. I can turn it on and off when I want it. Pay $25 a year plus a monthly fee for the months I turn it on. Had a spot, but you couldn't turn it on and off.

Have goTenna which is peer to peer over the murs radio network. Jury is still out on if I like it. But, it allows location sending similar to the Garmin rhino which is nice.

My problem is all things have a little overlap. The rhino does GPS but I already have a GPS. I wish I had one device to do GPS, radio, location sharing, and satellite.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I can't see iridium allowing access without some fee.

I have the garmin inreach mini. I can turn it on and off when I want it. Pay $25 a year plus a monthly fee for the months I turn it on. Had a spot, but you couldn't turn it on and off.

Have goTenna which is peer to peer over the murs radio network. Jury is still out on if I like it. But, it allows location sending similar to the Garmin rhino which is nice.

My problem is all things have a little overlap. The rhino does GPS but I already have a GPS. I wish I had one device to do GPS, radio, location sharing, and satellite.

Last year everyone in my group had an inreach. As you know there is a little delay in the messages but we were able to communicate with each other and the arthmate app worked great for a gps. It covered all the bases for us.

Last year everyone in my group had an inreach. As you know there is a little delay in the messages but we were able to communicate with each other and the arthmate app worked great for a gps. It covered all the bases for us.
I would be thrilled if I could get everyone to get an inreach. They all use radios and are an old school group. I'm still trying to get used to the earthmate apps but between that an onx it would work. Gotenna is an interesting concept, but we really haven't been able to test it yet. I know it doesn't penetrate buildings very well.

I would be thrilled if I could get everyone to get an inreach. They all use radios and are an old school group. I'm still trying to get used to the earthmate apps but between that an onx it would work. Gotenna is an interesting concept, but we really haven't been able to test it yet. I know it doesn't penetrate buildings very well.

Using inreach to inreach is awesome. When I would get a message from another in our group the location of where they sent the message would show up so you could easily navigate to your party. It would be great if one had an elk down or an emergency. It was pretty cool just knowing where everyone was at, and we met up for lunch. I would certainly recommend it to anyone.

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
Does sending messages from inreach to inreach count to the amount of messages you pay for each month?

Does sending messages from inreach to inreach count to the amount of messages you pay for each month?

Yes it does. We all got the unlimited plan. We paid the yearly fee, I think it was $25, and then got the unlimited plan. After we were done with our trip we suspended it. So, we paid the $25 yearly and the unlimited for 1 month. It was not too bad, considering the peace of mind and the convenience