Black 5 vs Axius Ultra

lintond

WKR
After shooting most of the flag ship bows I’ve narrowed it down to these two. Before I pull the trigger looking for some input from the group. Anybody shot both of these? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received my Axius Ultra last week. I’ve not even finished setting it up. I shot one a fair amount at a local shop. I liked it enough that I sold my new Mathews Vertix that I had just received last month. I have zero experience with the Black 5.

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
I just received my Axius Ultra last week. I’ve not even finished setting it up. I shot one a fair amount at a local shop. I liked it enough that I sold my new Mathews Vertix that I had just received last month. I have zero experience with the Black 5.
+1
CC.jpg

g.png

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
As previously said, the hoyt is easier to tune and will have less vibe. I’m a prime fan but they got some work to do.

Brendan

WKR
Prime has been a pain in the *** to tune the last couple years with no ability to shim cams. On both my Centergy Hybrid and my CT5 I found myself monkeying around with moving the limbs so I didn't have the rest outside an inch from the riser. This should be fixed with the Black series, and I like the adjustable DL and letoff.

That said, I'm still waiting for more reviews of the Black 5 before even go try one. Still rocking the RX1 Ultra for now.

OP
lintond

lintond

WKR

I wasn’t a fan of the Mathews.

OP
lintond

lintond

WKR
Prime has been a pain in the *** to tune the last couple years with no ability to shim cams. On both my Centergy Hybrid and my CT5 I found myself monkeying around with moving the limbs so I didn't have the rest outside an inch from the riser. This should be fixed with the Black series, and I like the adjustable DL and letoff.

That said, I'm still waiting for more reviews of the Black 5 before even go try one. Still rocking the RX1 Ultra for now.

This is what I’m nervous about. Wish there were more solid reviews. Obviously there is Hoyt info all over the place and I’m familiar with them having had two previous models.

dkime

WKR
Shot a 70# black 5 the other day, very consistent draw cycle but most will call it stiff. Grip felt nice in my hand and it did have some kick and shock on the release, but it would never be noticeable with it fully dressed. Regardless of whichever bow you pick you'll need a press to get them to tune correctly. Yokes on the Hoyt make it a lot easier, but in some rare cases even those cams need shimmed. If you know what you're getting into with a binary cam system, you will be completely satisfied with your B5 but for it to truly shoot as good as it can, you're going to have to shim it at some point. A lot of it has to do with what you're coming from in your previous bow. I think the B5 will outrun the Hoyt but only barely. If I had to spend the money to spend, I would pick the one you think feels the best and looks cooler, like said previously, everything else is a wash.

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone believed Primes are easy to tune they are kidding themselves, don't bare shaft tune or can live with a nock high tune. Very disappointed with Prime the last few years.

OP
lintond

lintond

WKR
Thanks for the input. I’m going to go shoot them again and see if I can make a decision.