Black Bear/Fly Fishing Colorado

Hey guys I have been looking into the Grand Mesa area of Colorado. I want to find a good spot to fly fish and hunt bears next year. I am from Michigan and have never done a Western Hunt. I have heard good things about the Grand Mesas for bear. Just looking for any advice.

I had a black bear standing just down the treeline from me last Friday evening, not even a mile from a very well known stretch of gold medal waters in CO.

I know quite a few places in CO where that's possible, and the Grand Mesa is certainly one of them.

OP
M
What are some rivers you would look into? I would be interested in places closer to Parker, but only if there are a good number of bears.

OP
M
I know which one I'd look into, but I don't think it would serve you very well to post that on an open forum. :D
Lol yea I was trying to figure out how to PM you. But I am new. If you feel comfortable PMing me that would be very appreciated. If not I totally get it.

kid44

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't hunted it but I hear the Grand Mesa has plenty of bears.

Jimss

WKR
You likely are already aware of it but Parker is closer to Denver....which is a heck of a long ways from the Grand Mesa. There are a lot of bears found in units close to Grand Junction....and the Southeast side of Colo. Some of them take several pref pts to draw.