Black Bear Rugs

Fellas,

Curious how much you guys are paying and how long it takes to get your rug back from the taxidermy?

kpk

WKR
I believe going rate around here is 100-125/foot

TSAMP

WKR
Whats with the purpose of the other material along the perimeter? Just a backer? Always wondered this.

Whats with the purpose of the other material along the perimeter? Just a backer? Always wondered this.

You don't want the bare hide exposed, most people have it backed with something suitable for the floor or bed. Ours covers our European King.

IMGP3244.JPG IMGP3245.JPG IMGP3241.jpg

Call.me.porter

Lil-Rokslider
My taxi is $225 per foot. Spendy, yes. But they've done all my work and I trust them. Finished product was 11 months.

Attachments

• 20210428_165632.jpg
    20210428_165632.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 116
OP
M
Taxi here in western Montana has now had my bear for over 2 years. He claimed that the tanner,. and rugger , have held it up... and of course he blamed Covid for the hang up. Any suggestions fellas? Last update was 5 months ago... Now I cant get him to return a call...

Call.me.porter

Lil-Rokslider
Taxi here in western Montana has now had my bear for over 2 years. He claimed that the tanner,. and rugger , have held it up... and of course he blamed Covid for the hang up. Any suggestions fellas? Last update was 5 months ago... Now I cant get him to return a call...
Who's the taxidermist?

MAP1

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in the same boat will be 2 years in September. My taxi does great work but is slow, not usually this slow though.

OP
M
Finally talked with the Taxi. the rugger is aparently holding it up. Not going to throw any names out there.

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
Was he a new guy that didn’t charge enough or a fella going through sickness or divorce? Those are most common issues