Black Diamond headlamp

muleman

WKR
I bought a Black Diamond spot headlamp last year and after two hunts the switch was flaky. Shortly there after it stoped working. Black Diamond did warranty it with out issue.

Seems that the switch mechanism is not robust enough for my meat hooks and definitely not strong enought for my 10yr old daughter who was using it when it finally stopped working. I'm concerned the issue could arise again. Looking at the Icon in the picture it looks like it has the same switch on top of the headlamp.

As a side note I just picked up a Princeton Tec Fred. (I really like that it always turns on in low with the red led.) It has a similar switch on top. Neither headlamp switch seems very durable and they are difficult to use with medium or heavy gloves.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Well I went ahead and picked up the icon, only time will tell but wow is it bright and really easy/user friendly to get the light you want. I like that I do not have to cycle thru to get the red light. So for this year I will only use the icon and I always have my surefire flashlight.

Nice to have 200lumen and the batt time is not rated using lithium batts so I may have to do a test and just let it run full power just don't know of a way to really keep a tab when the bat fails. Also nice to have a 3 year warranty.